1995 Mariner magnum efi 150

I just bought this boat three weeks ago.. got home from the lake and this was dangling down.. Looks like some sort of vacuum line but goes thru the hull along with throttle cables . I have looked everywhere and cant figure out where it goes. any ideas??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a speedometer or water pressure hose. If its the water pressure hose you'll probably find the other end of end under the cowling somewhere. If its the speedometer the other end may be hanging right above the lower unit with a little barbed fitting hanging out of it.

3. Member
    Thanks I will give it A look..

4. Member
    I cant find anything anywhere in the cowl.. any chance that this could go into the lower unit somewhere?

Yes.....usually joined just above the gear case. The water pick up hole is in the front of your lower unit. The hose that hooks to that comes right out the top of the lower unit. There is usually a very short piece of hose right there at the seam where the lower unit bolts up to the mid section.....

6. Member
    ^^^^ +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Thanks all! I checked with A mechanic and he said if I didnt use the speedo I Gould just leave it unhooked and tidy up the hose.. Since My helix 10 is slightly more accurate I just chose to leave it unhooked until I change my impeller..

8. Member
    I use my GPS too, it always popped loose when I did my pump replacements and hardly worked even when connected that I finally pulled it out and used a cap plug in the lower unit where it connected to a barb fitting. Never worry about it anymore.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay