Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I used my 360 today with the Helix 12 CHIRP SI GPS (first generation). As soon as I turned the 360 power switch on, I heard it make a noise (as usual) and less than 10 seconds later, it was shown as Connected in the Accessory Test view.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    Thanks. I tired both black wires today and neither time did the unit make a noise. After talking to HB support again today and going through all my steps again I told them to send me another power cable and I'll try that. I don't think it will work but it's worth a try. Plus I'll have a spare. If this doesn't work I'll ask for a replacement. To make matters worse after updating both of my Helix units it seems the update hosed my Helix 12. See my other post. I'm sending it back to HB tomorrow. This update also is causing the depth number on my Helix 10 to jump around now as well. Needless to say I'm not real happy with HB right now!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    Thanks. I did check all three wires with a circuit tester to make sure I only connected the negative and positive wires. Heck I even tried to connect both black wires at one point and nothing. I connected the negative and positive wires to the power extension cable and then use the tester to test each pin the the male end and it gets 12v there as well. I agree it could be a bad or maybe the pins need adjusting or maybe at one point used the wrong black wire but as far as I can tell I have connected the correct wires. I will check the pins on the male end tomorrow and jack with the stupid wires again. Might as well since after spending almost an hour on the phone with someone at HB support who said they would call me back but never did nor even gave me a ticket number I have to start all over with support again. And they will just give me the same old song and dance again. And by the way only one of my black wires was stripped and tinned. The other one as not stripped at all and I have no idea which one would be in the middle. I appreciate the help!
    When the unit recognizes the 360 it will display the IP address almost instantly.

If it does, it looks like this:

If it doesn't, it looks like this:

Also check the Network menu and see if the 360 is checked as a source.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Thanks Wayne, did that and nothing. I did see both the Helix units in the network menu but no 360 tab. I see the heading sensor puck on the system status but no 360 either. I have sent both the 360 and Helix to HB, will see what happens now.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12