225 OPtimax tilit and trim removal.

Any tips or suggestion on taking this off. Like how did you support the motor. Did you do any thing that made it easier. I found a place in Flourida that will rebuil the whole unit and has a 2 year warnety. Thanks.

2. Member
    Motor lock lever gone? Just a couple bolts and it just comes off.

Motor lever is ther. But manual says to loosen or take starboard mounts off. The way it is designed there is no way it will come out with removing this. I dont want to put the whole motor on just one mount.

4. Member
    I can't answer your question, but I am interested in the information here because this is next on my list as well. My seal is leaking. Who did you find that will rebuild them?

I was told by a Mercury mechanic that I will need to buy a new pin for the top because I won't be able to get the old one out without damaging it.

5. Member
    Support the motor with a lifting eye.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEE2100 View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/str/fivestarmarinesolutions I called them and talked. Usually around 5 business days for turnaround. 2 year warranty. Lifting eye???
    Please read the Forum Announcements, and provide the REQUIRED info. Also please note: We do not support "bay" parts or purchases here on the forums.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor