Banned

Holster Recommendation Needed

I would like a holster for a Ruger SR9c that I can easily slip on/off while sitting in my truck.

Gonna ask a question,Why would you remove your firearm while in your Vehicle???What happens if you crash is it secured somewhere else????Not trying to stir the pot/give you a hard time,I’m just curious,I always leave mine on when I drive...

3. Member
    I have a paddle holster for my Ruger LCP which I can easily slip on/off while siting in my truck. Not sure if a company makes a paddle holster for the SR9c.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker_114th View Post
    Gonna ask a question,Why would you remove your firearm while in your Vehicle???What happens if you crash is it secured somewhere else????Not trying to stir the pot/give you a hard time,I’m just curious,I always leave mine on when I drive...
    I'm going on an extended trip with my bird dogs this fall, solo. This involves parking and walking them away from the safety lights in rest areas, motels, and gas stations. When traveling hour(s) at a time, I don't want to wear it. When I stop I would like to add it to my person with as little commotion as possible. I never had this issue before, but my 6'5", 260 lb. hunting partner got himself promoted and cannot hunt this year like we have in the past.

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Look at anything with a paddle or if going IWB just the clip. Tons of makers out there. I can recommend yetitac holsters as I have one for all my guns.

6. Member
    I have been fairly impressed with the sticky holster. It actually works and is pretty easy to stick in and out of you pants because it has no clip. They are pretty cheap to I picked mine up at gun shop for $30 so I am sure they can be bought cheaper elsewhere. It looks like a pocket holster, but the materials holds it in place. I was skeptical, but must say I am shocked by the comfort and stability.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyc View Post
    I have been fairly impressed with the sticky holster. It actually works and is pretty easy to stick in and out of you pants because it has no clip. They are pretty cheap to I picked mine up at gun shop for $30 so I am sure they can be bought cheaper elsewhere. It looks like a pocket holster, but the materials holds it in place. I was skeptical, but must say I am shocked by the comfort and stability.
    I bought one of these and it seems to fit the bill perfectly.

8. Member
    Get a don Hume iwb with the clip. Easy on easy off.

JM4 tactical holster, they are all I use anymore.

10. Banned
    After using it several times a day for three weeks, I will say it is serviceable for a SR9c. It would be better with a smaller pistol. I was always aware that it was there. At times it intfefered with bending, lifting etc. With a SR9c I would probably be better off with something owb holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker_114th View Post
    I don't think this is the OP's concern, but in NC you can wear it in your car when you drive on the parking lot of gun free zones like school but you have to secure it in your car before you get out. This requires you to remove it, at least unholster, while you are in the car.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

12. Member
    I have a paddle holster that came with my 45. But it’s springfield so I can’t really help on this one. But the paddle holster just an easy slide on and easy pull off. But you also don’t have to worry about anything snatching it and pulling it off. At least mine anyway