28 Bravo1XS - Confirm Please

Hi Team,

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a a 28 Bravo1 XS for my 2100 with 250 ProXS. Lots of people recommend this but I am using the boat on Okeechobee in really hot weather. I am looking for a good hole shot without a ton of loss on top end vs. my Trophy 27. Please give me a thumbs up for confidence before I drop 5 bills.

John
    John Catlin

Gambler 2100SC W/ 250 Mercury ProXS

2. Member
    Ran one on my Gambler and Bullet now and by far the best hole shot. Make sure you have PVS holes in it so you can fine tune it if your looking the best hole shot.
    -Lance
    Bullet 21XD Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Night and day better holeshot than my 26 trophy. I’m at 1700 ft elevation but plenty hot and it still performs

4. Member
    That’s the best prop for that boat. A 29 bravo xs is a good one for that boat also.

I prefer an original Bravo I with the full bell. Have it worked, and add PVS holes. I have yet to see any Bravo work right out of the box on a Gambler. If you haven't had it worked, your leaving some performance on the table. A properly worked Bravo will make a Gambler feel likes its riding on a cushion of air.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Bravo xs dead stock with factory 8pvs wholes is a solid all around prop... I run a 29...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

stock 28xs ran great on my 2100 /250. I ran a 26 trophy, 27 fury, 28 power tech rkr4, and that bravo was the best all around

Thanks very much folks. That settles it. Really appreciate it.
    John Catlin

Gambler 2100SC W/ 250 Mercury ProXS

9. Member
    Afternoon.

Have 22' Gambler DC with 250 XS Pro and I called Mercury and was told either a 27 or 27.5 Bravo 1 XS would be great for my boat. Any thoughts / insight ?? I'm in Sanford, FL. btw.

yeah if you dont have trim tabs that would be what you need...
    if you have trim tabs you will be able to get out of whole just fine with a 28 Xs and will appreciate the slightly stiffer blade on the big end
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Quote Originally Posted by Bungi View Post
    Afternoon.

Have 22' Gambler DC with 250 XS Pro and I called Mercury and was told either a 27 or 27.5 Bravo 1 XS would be great for my boat. Any thoughts / insight ?? I'm in Sanford, FL. btw.
    Hey welcome Bungi, would love to see pics of your G and hope to see you out sometime in it since were so close