Thread: Wackos at work

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Been a plumber since 1999. We hired a guy out of the Union hall back in 2005. Back in 2005 most trades were pretty busy so I did not expect this guy to be a very good plumber. After about 1 month of working with the guy, he started calling off about 2 times per week.

One morning we were trimming out a condo unit. I noticed that he had been trimming out this bathroom for a very long time, so I went to the bathroom he was working in and he was passed out on the floor. Turned out he had a cocaine problem. A couple days after the boss fired him we found out that this same guy was going to the supply house and ordering a bunch copper and scrapping it for drug money on the companies account at the supply house.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

Had a co-worker ask me to come over to her house for the weekend since her husband was going to be in Vegas. I told her she was crazy and she would get us both killed.

3. Member
    I've heard of people talking burns out, but never heard of anyone talking to bees.

Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    Had an old man named Shine who had been a Marine in Vietnam, then went to school and became an AirForce chaplain. He used to rehearse his sermons while he mowed grass and you could hear him over the mower. He would hit a yellow jacket nest and never get stung. He would talk to bees and they left him alone. Poor old guy beat cancer twice and it finally caught him one spring and he passed on. I see guys walking around town every now and then that look just like him with his straw hat. Cool dude he was.

4. Member
    Worked in automotive plant for 30 years, in the late 80s we were building Rangers and Bronco 2s weekly production was around 8200-8400 vehicles a week, if one came up missing it might take months for them to track it down. There was a husband and wife who worked in the plants security force at the time, at some point they took a new vehicle I’m guessing they took a plate off another vehicle they owned and drove it. They got away with it for over 2 years I guess the company gave up on finding it until... it had an issue and they took it in for warranty work
    All kinds of crazy in there....

5. Member
    Had a co-worker that outplayed Dan Marino in HS, fought off a 12' shark on a reef somewhere, flew F-15's (not a pilot, but they fly very easily), and did military intel (could read and write the Iraqi language, but not speak a word of it).

Another co-worker has his stories. He tells me he is upside down on a camper and he's gonna sell it in a couple of weeks for around $28k. Another co-worker tells me in a couple of weeks that co-worker no. 1 sold his camper to his uncle and made $10k on the $28k sale. He's flipped a couple of houses, so he's doing another. He didn't even have to fill out a mortgage with the bank, they loaned him $185k just knowing what he had done in the past and knowing the house will be worth at least $225k when he's done. He was a little down when no one would go in an investment with him.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

And these are some of the reasons I'm glad I work alone. And babysitting, I hate babysitting.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky 520c View Post
    Worked in automotive plant for 30 years, in the late 80s we were building Rangers and Bronco 2s weekly production was around 8200-8400 vehicles a week, if one came up missing it might take months for them to track it down. There was a husband and wife who worked in the plants security force at the time, at some point they took a new vehicle I’m guessing they took a plate off another vehicle they owned and drove it. They got away with it for over 2 years I guess the company gave up on finding it until... it had an issue and they took it in for warranty work
    All kinds of crazy in there....
    Hi Mike.

8. Tired of muddy water Texas Rigs N Jigs's Avatar
    Worked with a guy a few years ago. he told me one day that he has had two kidney replacements and he is on dialysis. The company took up a collection for him to pay for his medical bills. He took the money and bought a big screen tv. He is an alcoholic to this day.

Same employee came up to me at an after work gathering and wanted to show me all his credit cards like he was a big baller. I looked at him and said, "are we measuring dicks here?". Everyone at the table laughed at him. I was called into HR in the next few days asking about the conversation. He was trying to get me fired as he was lazy at his IT job and pass his work onto other team members.

Had a boss hire a helpdesk guy to do Desktop Support for our department. They guy had no Desktop Support skills, but he sounded nice on the phone. Found out he would call our helpdesk to get help working on his issues, they got tired of it and let our boss know....lol.

Same guy asked me if I could pause my training class and help him, I laughed and said it is live training and could not. He told our boss that I would not help him. Boss calls me in the office a couple days later and wanted me to take the guy under my wing and show him all I know....I laughed and ended up leaving the company for a better position.
    -----------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Stephen

2014 Bass Tracker 175TF w/ 75 Mercury

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Texas-Rigs-...11968965774371
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_7...7y0GgICAVeTZww

Everybody is a bit odd in there own way but.......

Had one complete loser that was a political hire. He had done it all. He partied with Madonna after tiling her floors in LA, Hank Williams stayed on his couch the night before he died, went to the Marshall University plane crash, he was in Vietnam, was a Navy Seal medic, did field surgery, called to be a guard for President's inauguration, just on and on. Mind you he was in his mid 40's in the early 2000's. Obviously none of this was possible. So all of us guys would gather before work and decide what we were going to talk about for the evening to see if he would have done it and done it better. You know things like bungee jumping, parachuting, designing a new style carburetor. Of course he did it all. None of us had done any of that stuff. The kicker was we thought back about the military medic thing. So I asked if he had ever performed an IPPI in the field. He said yes and went into a long description about it. Everyone just howled. An IPPI stands for Inner Pelvic Protein Injection . He didn't last much longer at work.

And of course there is the other guy that is good at his job and still is employed. The other day he was telling a lady at work what a woman's body goes through during pregnancy and child birth. She is a mother who's daughter is pregnant and about to pop. She just looked at me like WTF. Gotta love it.

Of course they think I am weird because I am the IT guy who doesn't own a computer at home and fishes most of my time off or works on fixing things.
    "No one is useless in the world who lightens the burden of another" Charles Dickens

"Just because I do not agree with you does not mean I hate you or that I do not respect your opinion. We need to relearn that in our society."

2004 Ranger 521DVX
    2004 Yamaha Vmax HPDI 250

everyone at work seems "normal"...guess that makes me the wacko
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

11. Member
    Back in my staffing days had a couple temps who were high and ended up in a creek / ditch in the middle of winter having sex.

A guy swore his abusive dad completely ripped his arm off in a rage. Showed the scar which was most likely just a rotator cuff surgery. Swore it came completely off and was reattached.

Now here is the craziest.... And man its extreme!!!!

I worked with a UK fan......

kidding kidding calm down UK fans.

12. Member
    Had a co-worker that outplayed Dan Marino in HS, fought off a 12' shark on a reef somewhere, flew F-15's (not a pilot, but they fly very easily), and did military intel (could read and write the Iraqi language, but not speak a word of it).
    I think I worked with this guys father........He had duck hunted with Eisenhower, been Frank Sinatra's road manager, met and hung out with Elvis in a bar in Memphis, set an NHRA record two years before they built the drag strip in Tulsa, caught the lake record bass for Horse Shoe lake in Arkansas or somewhere....and on and on and on.......Came to work one day with his head bandaged up......said his FIL hit him with a ball peen hammer!!! Did I mention the guy was prone to drink?????
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

Quote Originally Posted by bassboy1 View Post
    I remember that from when you posted it a couple years ago - what I don't remember was what happened to him after being found out. Was he terminated, or did you still have to work around him?
    This is going back almost 20 years but if I remember correctly he remained working there for several more months and it was extremely awkward since he wasn't aware that everyone knew about him. He always did keep to himself so when people avoided him, it wasn't out of the ordinary. Just to add a little to the story that isn't in the article... while working with him, his wife was taking fertility medicine and wound up pregnant with quintuplets (5 babies). She had a pregnancy issues at about 6 or 7 months causing her to deliver all 5 babies very early. They all ended up passing away, 1 each day for 5 days, in the order they were born.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    This is going back almost 20 years but if I remember correctly he remained working there for several more months and it was extremely awkward since he wasn't aware that everyone knew about him. He always did keep to himself so when people avoided him, it wasn't out of the ordinary. Just to add a little to the story that isn't in the article... while working with him, his wife was taking fertility medicine and wound up pregnant with quintuplets (5 babies). She had a pregnancy issues at about 6 or 7 months causing her to deliver all 5 babies very early. They all ended up passing away, 1 each day for 5 days, in the order they were born.
    I just read the article you posted earlier. Man that's creepy.

15. Member
    Years ago, we had fridge at work. I used to bring brownies and put them in there because of ants. Someone kept stealing them, and no one would admit it. Then on the next batch, I mixed a double portion of x-lax in them. We then found out who it was.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RERUN View Post
    Years ago, we had fridge at work. I used to bring brownies and put them in there because of ants. Someone kept stealing them, and no one would admit it. Then on the next batch, I mixed a double portion of x-lax in them. We then found out who it was.
    Had a similar issue with lunches getting stolen while in a large office building I used to work in.

Took some left over pizza and got it cold in the fridge. Peeled up the cheese and replaced the tomato sauce with a hot sauce that could strip the paint off a truck.

Pretty sure they had a bad day.

We hired a kid 19-20 years old who dropped out of school and hitch hiked his way around the states (looking for his dad who was living the same lifestyle of homeless) , not to bad but he kept a very detailed lot of everything he did from the list of drugs to how he paid truckers for rides (sexual). We finally fired him after smoking crack in the bathroom, he left his notes at the office, we literally got sick from reading it, so we did not finish it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

18. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    Was that on rte 32 in Stafford.?
    https://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/04/n...-shootout.html

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

19. Member
    My tournament partner lived up the road from there. I drove by it every weekend that we fished together.

A young guy I work with gets on youtube and goes "down the rabbit hole" so to speak. He tells me one day that we didn't land on the moon because the film of the footage wouldn't survive the radiation belt. He was crest fallen when I told him they didn't have film on the actual Apollo missions that the footage was beamed back to earth.

And if you guys ever need a laugh take a stroll over to the "flat earth society" forum talk about lunatics.
    1979 Glastron HPV165 140HP Johnson

Taxation is theft!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast