Thread: Wackos at work

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I work with a few odd balls now but nothing really compares anymore to one guy I used to work with, Rich Williams, "Angel of death". Authorities believe he could be responsible for more than 50 deaths and if they were able to get the evidence to convict him, he would be the most prolific serial killer of all time. Someone came across the article below and the emails flew like crazy. Within about 3 minutes flat, the entire office had read it and I don't think one person was all that surprised... dude was a freak! I'm not exaggerating when I say I used to get a cold chill just walking by this guy, and that was before we found the story.

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/stlo...nt?oid=2470338

Excerpt from article:
    Meanwhile, nurses on 4-East and even 4-West were becoming more and more convinced that Williams' dead patients were homicide victims. His sinister comments disturbed them. One 4-East nurse later said in court that he told her one morning, "I took another three out last night." And a 4-West nurse who was upset after a patient of hers died said Williams asked her, "What are you trying to do, race me?"
    Last edited by Bub; 07-17-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Years ago I worked with a guy who had worked everywhere ,2 yrs here 2 yrs. there on and on. So one day I figured out that if what he said was true he had to be at least 120 yrs. old So one day while he was telling a story about where he worked,I mentioned that to him, we never heard a word all his jobs again.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Let's here some stories about the nut jobs you work with!

I work alone so only one nut job here.

I worked with an Occupational Therapist in a skilled nursing facility back in the 90s. Sweet girl and an excellent therapist, but she had a weird side. She requested to be notified if someone in the building was about to pass on. She wanted to be in the room, or even better, be holding the person's hand when they passed away. None of these residents died alone. Often, there was a room full of family members. She told me once that she wanted to see the soul leave the body. Started calling her Rainbird after George C. Scott's character in the movie Firestarter.
    I once was a male trapped in a woman's body. Then I was born.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I work with a few odd balls now but nothing really compares anymore to one guy I used to work with, Rich Williams, "Angel of death". Authorities believe he could be responsible for more than 50 deaths and if they were able to get the evidence to convict him, he would be the most prolific serial killer of all time. Someone came across the article below and the emails flew like crazy. Within about 3 minutes flat, the entire office had read it and I don't think one person was all that surprised... dude was a freak! I'm not exaggerating when I say I used to get a cold chill just walking by this guy, and that was before we found the story.

Excerpt from article:
    Meanwhile, nurses on 4-East and even 4-West were becoming more and more convinced that Williams' dead patients were homicide victims. His sinister comments disturbed them. One 4-East nurse later said in court that he told her one morning, "I took another three out last night." And a 4-West nurse who was upset after a patient of hers died said Williams asked her, "What are you trying to do, race me?"
    I just read the entire article and I think it's safe to say that you win!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post

Excerpt from article:
    I remember that from when you posted it a couple years ago - what I don't remember was what happened to him after being found out. Was he terminated, or did you still have to work around him?

--------------------------------------------------------
    Who is John Galt?

7. Member
    I moderate a daily discussion amongst my female team members about what’s really happening on the Young & the Restless. Did Victor Newman do it, is Adam really dead? Perhaps I’m the psycho co-worker.

Only had a couple Richard Heads, they had to learn by example. Had a dockworker that would wear his gloves when he got in my tractor. I kept the inside of my truck spotless, after he touch the door handle, steering wheel, gear shift with his greasy gloves the first time --- I had a word with him about it. After the second time, wearing old leather work gloves, I scraped a large amount of grease off the 5th wheel, smeared the grease on my gloves and put handprints on his car windshield, side window, and door handle. Only took once

There was a relay driver up north that was just a dipstick. He would leave his trailers so high, that others backing under the trailer would miss the kingpin. Every driver complained about him, I told the boss what I was going to do and he said if it wakes his Azz up-- do it. One night I dropped his trailer around midnight, he started on his run around 3AM. It was 17 below zero and the wind was howling----- perfect time. Dropped the air bags in my tractor, lowered the trailer's landing gear and pulled out from under the trailer. Walked back and raised the landing gear all the way up, so the nose of the trailer was 20 inches above the ground--- with 20000 lbs in the nose of the trailer. He tried for an hour to crank it up in the cold, finally waited for the guys in the shop to come to work and used a forklift. Last time he played that game.

The only hospital that could happen at for any where near that long is a Government run V A unit .

I had a boss that really enjoyed making underlings mad. If he knew you had something fun to do after work, he would make you work overtime so you would miss out on your plans. We had a freak snowstorm in October once and all field crews stayed home. Except he made one guy work. The one guy who plowed snow on the side. I never understood why he took so much pleasure from being such a jerk.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

11. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    We had a guy that worked with us that was a total wack job. Several of us continuously complained to mgt that he was going to kill someone. They kept blowing us off. This went on for over a year. Long story short, he shot three State Troopers via ambush and is now in prison for life.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Had a gal that said she was a shaman and was tuned to the spirit world. Walked to lunch with her one day and she would stop and talk to the birds and squirrels.

One guy would eat with a group of us. As we walked out of the restaurant he 'forgot his smokes on the table'. Turned out he would go back in and take all the tips.

Couple guys ended up in the 'big house'. One for shooting his girlfriends new guy. Another got caught up in one of those internet pedophile stings.

Got enough to write a book.

Had an old man named Shine who had been a Marine in Vietnam, then went to school and became an AirForce chaplain. He used to rehearse his sermons while he mowed grass and you could hear him over the mower. He would hit a yellow jacket nest and never get stung. He would talk to bees and they left him alone. Poor old guy beat cancer twice and it finally caught him one spring and he passed on. I see guys walking around town every now and then that look just like him with his straw hat. Cool dude he was.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

14. Member
    We were doing a work assessment, trying to figure where all the hours were being burned. Had one employee put down each project he worked on and hours next to it. He didn't add it up, I did to the tune of 142 hours each week.....only 164 hours in a week. I brought him and his boss in, he was adamant his hours were correct. On the whiteboard I showed him that left him 22 hours each week, just over 3 hours a day, 7 days a week. He insisted he was right, so I pulled his time card and asked why it was fraudulent, only had 40 each week, he was still right. No winning, told him I was going to piss test him cause he couldn't stay awake that long, so he must be on something. HR told me I was out of line, until I showed them his claim.....

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    We had a guy that worked with us that was a total wack job. Several of us continuously complained to mgt that he was going to kill someone. They kept blowing us off. This went on for over a year. Long story short, he shot three State Troopers via ambush and is now in prison for life.

Was that on rte 32 in Stafford.?

16. Member
    When I was in college I worked night stocking in a grocery store. I worked with a guy who would wear sweat pants and stock three nights a week. The next week he wore same sweats but turned them inside out. He explained he only had to wash every other week. Needles to say I always tried to stock a different aisle then he did.

17. Member
    Y'all got me beat. I work at an oil company that has a bunch of snowflakes and libs running the place so it's as screwed up as it can be. Like normal they blame everybody else for their problems. One guy is the one who knows it all, been there, and everybody else is stupid. I've also seen him try to be 3 or 4 different people since I've been there. Once a cowboy, once an Irish man, his normal self, and maybe one other. One guy is full of stories. He told us one morning that a tadpole has a choice what it becomes, it can choose to be a frog or a mud cat. He was serious. Heard many tales like that

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    We were doing a work assessment, trying to figure where all the hours were being burned. Had one employee put down each project he worked on and hours next to it. He didn't add it up, I did to the tune of 142 hours each week.....only 164 hours in a week. I brought him and his boss in, he was adamant his hours were correct. On the whiteboard I showed him that left him 22 hours each week, just over 3 hours a day, 7 days a week. He insisted he was right, so I pulled his time card and asked why it was fraudulent, only had 40 each week, he was still right. No winning, told him I was going to piss test him cause he couldn't stay awake that long, so he must be on something. HR told me I was out of line, until I showed them his claim.....
    Actually, 168 hours in a week instead of 164. So he may have worked his wonders in the extra 4 hours.

Place I worked had a lot of temps working there. One guy got hired through the temp service, twice. Once as himself and once as his "Brother" he took his brothers drivers license into the temp service. There was so many temps and they came and went so often that the supervisors couldn't keep up. He would punch in both time cards and collect both checks. The temp service handed out the checks every Friday. One day the supervisor noticed he got his check then immediately went behind his machine. He would change his shirt and then come back out to collect his bothers check. He got away with it for 6 months, they just fired him, no charges.

I worked part time on an ambulance service in Oklahoma, talk about craziness.
    1979 Glastron HPV165 140HP Johnson

Taxation is theft!

20. Member
    And I thought my clueless shop manager was bad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast