Helix 9 Mounting

I am going to be putting on a Helix 9 on my Champion 186 bass boat at the console. I would like to buy the new 2.25 ram mount, but have been getting mixed answers on weather or not it will hold in rough water. The other mount I'm looking at is the Mini-kong. Any suggestions or personal experience would be appreciated.

2. Member
    To my understanding ram suggests going up a size for rough water conditions. I want to say they are rated by weight of the equipment it’s carrying. I have a helix 10 on a 2.25 short arm mount with no problems however I don’t fish heavy chop like on the Great Lakes I fish slack water.

3. Member
    I have Helix 10s on 2.25 Ran mounts on my 22 foot bay boat but i have the Ram Mount wrench made for the mound and I crank them down really tight. You won't walk up to my boat and loosen them by hand. Before using the wrench I have had the 10s fall forward on rough roads. Don

4. Member
    thanks guys

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D Johnson View Post
    I have Helix 10s on 2.25 Ran mounts on my 22 foot bay boat but i have the Ram Mount wrench made for the mound and I crank them down really tight. You won't walk up to my boat and loosen them by hand. Before using the wrench I have had the 10s fall forward on rough roads. Don
    This does not happen with Balzout mount.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbender View Post
    This does not happen with Balzout mount.
    First time I heard of those mounts. I will take a look at them. I have so many Ram mounts doing so many different things I should have bought stock in the company. You can just buy parts and build all kinds of stuff.