Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Look at Prizers Point; just stayed there recently and never left when we arrived. Nice place and the food is good at marina restaurant. Only a short lake run to Little River. My wife and son had a fun time and are wanting to go back.

2. Member
    little river lodge across the road from the main lodge has about a dozen rooms and plenty room for parking boats and hookups.

3. Member
    i stayed last month at buzzard rock in a cabin,it has not changed in 20 years no upgrades at all have been done with cabins,the place needs some updating,i was really shocked that one other cabin had somebody in it, most of them empty

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    i stayed last month at buzzard rock in a cabin,it has not changed in 20 years no upgrades at all have been done with cabins,the place needs some updating,i was really shocked that one other cabin had somebody in it, most of them empty
    You would think they would drop the price a little to match the conditions.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JLWatts View Post
    Look at Prizers Point; just stayed there recently and never left when we arrived. Nice place and the food is good at marina restaurant. Only a short lake run to Little River. My wife and son had a fun time and are wanting to go back.
    Nice suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by JLWatts View Post
    Just don't fish back behind there in the fall. No shad or bass back there. Nope nothing back there... Dead sea...

7. Banned
    ^^^Maybe one of Ramie' s springs possibly ?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    ^^^Maybe one of Ramie' s springs possibly ?
    You mean Harold's Knight springs lol

9. Banned
    The State Park Lodge is run down and out dated in my opinion. The last time I was there was 2 years ago when they put us up there for the All American. If I were going to stay somewhere in that area it wouldn't be there. Not real boater friendly, food is mediocre at best and not the most user friendly to get in and out of.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TR21Bassin View Post
    The State Park Lodge is run down and out dated in my opinion. The last time I was there was 2 years ago when they put us up there for the All American. If I were going to stay somewhere in that area it wouldn't be there. Not real boater friendly, food is mediocre at best and not the most user friendly to get in and out of.
    But they have beer, even on Sunday, and an awesome swimming pool!

We are not worried about beer or a pool. We want a nice clean place to stay that is boater friendly with electric that is easy to get to the boat.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitaker201 View Post
    We are not worried about beer or a pool. We want a nice clean place to stay that is boater friendly with electric that is easy to get to the boat.
    The State Park wouldn't be my choice then.

Thank you TR21!
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    You would think they would drop the price a little to match the conditions.
    looks like they put all the money in the marina,at $220.00 a night it should have been a lot nicer i thought

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    looks like they put all the money in the marina,at $220.00 a night it should have been a lot nicer i thought
    Of course they did, that's where they are making their money. When you've got people willing to pay $4 for a can of Bud Light, you want to exploit the heck out of that! Not only that but when you've got a great live music venue, bar, and restaurant, people want slips within walking distance of the party! Buzzard Rock is definitely not a place for fishermen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12