03 Mercury 200 EFI

Can someone tell me what the nipple is for on my fuel pressure regulator on top of my vst tank is for, I tried to upload a pic but can't resize it. looks like the line has oil in it.

Here I a link to the valve. http://www.crowleymarine.com/parts/2...SABEgI79PD_BwE

2. Member
    Ok figured out the nipple is a regulator relief tube but where does it end up is my question, also the oil is mixed in the vst tank but where is the inlet, thanks

3. Member
    mike that is actually a vac line that operates regulator, follow your oil output hose to vst and youll understand, please provide ser num and use correct section for your engine
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Will do thanks for your help Joe, so if I understand you the line coming off the regulator should not be spurting oil at me when I remove it?????? I'll try to find serial number.

5. Member
    I misstated line is called vent line oil line should go to fitting to just be side reg, but no oil should not be there, someone may have them crossed
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Joe do you have a idea where the line that comes off the regulator ends up????

7. Member
    you see a small fitting on side plenum below vst ?????

8. Member
    Ill have to pull the vst tank loose, I'll look tonight. Thanks Joe

9. Member
    Thanks Joe got it figured out!!!! Had 2 lines backwards.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor