2008 Triton Explorer 18

Does anyone have any insight on these rigs. Thier is one my area for sale I was considering going to look at. It is a one owner not with a 115 opti on it for 11k or best offer. Any thoughts would be appreciated l. Thanks- BR

2. Member
    I owned a 2007 version of this boat with a 115 opti. Could not confirm it but was told the boat was layed up with less glass making it a lighter hull than the 186 it copied. The boat was very weight sensitive. I had the most fun with a 19 pitch laser 2. Not too low to over rev the engine but small enough to jump it out of the hole under most conditions and run a little over 45. Bigger props(20/21) gave bigger speed numbers up to about 50.

I never would have considered this as a tourn boat. Fill the live wells with two big guys aboard and it was too slow out of the hole for me giving me concern for rough water performance. That being said with just me it took rough water well and was a dry boat. Great storage

3. Member
    I own the 2009 model and like it a lot. I have a Spitfire X7 SS prop 19 pitch and it comes out of the hole fast (~ 3sec) with just me, 1/2 tank of gas and empty live wells and a top speed of 48mh. Full load it is a little slow out of the hole but it is a 115hp so no surprise. The fuel tank is 36 gal so at 1/2 full you still have 18 gal and with the 115ph you can run that quite a while. Overall it is a great boat and I fish quite a few tournaments throughout the year at Table Rock, LOZ and Stockton.

4. Member
    The 2008 catalog is available on the Triton website. Look at the bottom of the page "literature".