Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    If service is nearby the HO evinrude, followed by Yammi Sho, then merc. The 10 years sounds good till you look at the price. The Evinrdes are several thousand higher, same money added to a Merc or Yahmmi will get you that much warranty. But the G2 is still a pretty nice engine. Unfortunately no dealers in my area that sell the boats I want.. So be a merc on a Triton most likely.. for me
    I had no idea that you could add any amount of money to the purchase of either and buy anything close to a 10 year factory warranty. When I bought my Yamaha, they extended my warranty to six years for free as a special promotion they offer once or twice a year for a short time. If you are talking about that length of time, I don't think I would call that the same as 10 years. I have not shopped motors so you might be aware of something I am not aware of. Do they even offer a 10 year warranty?

I like my Yamaha a lot and in my opinion they have always been a value in their known quality, but a 10 year warranty could talk me out of that....of course, it would depend upon the cost of the install like I stated above. Also, I believe if you compare apples to apples and add the cost of extras that the G2 includes standard to other motors that the cost difference might not be as bad. I still say 10 years is a big deal to me.

All that said, I still don't like and can't get used to the aesthetic looks of the G2....but a 10 year warranty makes it prettier. LOL.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    If weight is an issue how could you not be happy with the Mercury Pro XS 4S 150? Helluva motor!
    That what i trying to point out in a subtle manner.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by icebound View Post
    The evinrude G2 HO is a really nice sounding option with the 10 year warranty. Any worry since they are the last 2 stroke motor now?
    I bought a ranger 18 foot glass boat but really looked hard at the 198. With this said initially I really wanted the merc 4 stroke and did not want a 2 stroke. Then I rode in a boat with the G2. I then ordered the G2 and very glad I did. The extra few pounds are not an issue at all. I’ve had 3 people and a dog in the boat and the hole shot is over in a blink of an eye. It uses very little oil and very good on gas. The self winterizing feature is really nice too.
    2018 Ranger Z185
    Etec G2 150 HO
    Ultrex 80
    Garmin 93sv Panoptix

4. Member
    I just repowered to a Mercury 4S 150 and love it sips the gas

5. Member
    I agree with purchasing local. My only concern is the weight, plus spinning a 14.5" prop. There is a reason Xpress uses .125" material on their high HP boats. I'm giving the new gen boats 3 years to determine reliability. If I were to purchase one today, I'd go with the 150 ETEC because it weighs 418.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

6. Member
    Considering a new 150hp outboard as well. does anyone know of any boat tests that show the same boat powered with different 150hp motors so you could see if there was an actual difference in top speed, time to plane ect.. I saw the video of the boat with the Yamaha 200hp and the Etec 150HO but that doesn't really mean anything to me for a single application.

7. Member
    They will all be 58-62, and they'll all blow this little boat out of the hole.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Quote Originally Posted by MacCTD View Post
    Considering a new 150hp outboard as well. does anyone know of any boat tests that show the same boat powered with different 150hp motors so you could see if there was an actual difference in top speed, time to plane ect.. I saw the video of the boat with the Yamaha 200hp and the Etec 150HO but that doesn't really mean anything to me for a single application.
    I posted a video on page 1 of this thread. Take a look.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

9. Member
    i'd go mercury

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12