Thread: Flea delimea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thx guys, it's not just my clothes, but tarps , plastic, tools, crawling on the floor painting baseboards, etc.
    Jumping Jehoshaphat , giving me the heebie geepbies!

2. Member
    Lol my mom salted the carpets when we would get fleas. Lol...don’t remimber them ever staying around.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Move on till they get them under control..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

4. Member
    We had them in out garage at the beginning of the summer. We covered it with 7 dust and in a few days they were all gone.

We had them one year from the neighbors pets being outside and sharing them with our pets when they were around each other and in the yard. I ended up spraying the yard, dusting the carpet for about a week with a lot of sweeping, and then some bombs. Got rid of them, haven't had them come back with 4 pets in the house, for the last 11 years.

Hard to get rid of once you get them in the house, and I wouldn't do the job personally. Get a few of them back home with you and they multiply quickly, plus the little bastards are annoying when they bite.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Tell them to spread Borax on the floors and leave down for a few days. It will dry out the eggs.

Too much hassle for little reward. Who wants to bring those little bastards home with you or infest your equipment?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtrwsel View Post
    Tell them to spread Borax on the floors and leave down for a few days. It will dry out the eggs.
    Boraxo, the laundry additive, is cheap and it works. Spread it around on the floor and leave it there a few days, sweep it around. It won't rid you of fleas by itself, but it does a job on the eggs, because it gets in the same nooks and crannies, and cracks in the floor that the eggs do.
    Last edited by billnorman1; 07-17-2018 at 06:07 AM. Reason: just being me

9. Member
    Tell your customer to provide the drops/ plastic. Wear throw away clothes or bag your daily work clothes and wash immediately after each day.with a bleach detergent.. Leave all your gear in the truck. Spray your shoes after each day and leave them in the truck in a plastic bag overnight etc..

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    We had them bad in our yard last year and they were really bothering the dogs. On the advice of BBC i put two applications of permithrin on the yard last summer and fall. I hit it again this spring and haven't seen em since, even the squirill's stopped scratching. Maybe spray your paint clothes and shoes with permithrin a couple days before you go there.
    DO NOT get that crap on your skin.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

11. Member
    The first issue that came to my head was all of the walls being coated in whatever it is that comes out of the bombs. Will that not effect the paint since you will be doing it right after?

12. Member
    Grab the neighbors dog and let it run around the house for a couple of days before you start.
    Id wait at least a week before you start

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toypuller View Post
    Flea eggs hatch with vibration. They can sit indefinitely, until something walks by. Bombing won’t do a thing to eggs.

Have to vacuum the carpets repeatedly, then have the place sprayed. Bug bombs are a waste of time.
    This. We got them bad a few years ago. Had to get house sprayed twice while vacuuming everyday for two weeks. Two days is definitely not enough time.

14. Member
    On the subject of fleas anyone tried to kill one by slapping it. I have never ever seen a bug as tough as a flea. I swear they are armor plated.

Just a heads up for those with several pets. We like Advantage II for cats, but, it's around $40 for three doses.
    Each dose is about right for a 10-12lb cat. We need to treat 3 cats at the house, and two at the shop (work). BUT, the weight is real "kicker". (80lbs of cats). To do this "almost" correctly, this would cost us $80 per month.
    So, I did some research and came up with Advecta for BIG dogs. $25 for four extremely large doses. One tube will "do" all five cats (Gibs gets a little bit of a light dose).
    Works fine and Tackle Warehouse thanks me.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

16. Banned
    I go to the co-op and buy permethrin concentrate. I mix it in a pump up yard sprayer. I spray all carpeting and upholstery completely. Then I come back a week later with a second application. Fleas will be gone.

And why I am at it, I spray the dog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12