Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Big Johnny acts like he is a pioneer for the sport

I look at it like this. After he cuts legend then the world is his , competition breeds improvement and without none then there is none!! Me personally will not buy anything that holds the bps brand, you are starting to see the beginning of the end of this sport. It has completely gotten driven by marketing instead of a couple people out there fishing a derby. Think about the towns in north Arkansas that depend on the work of these plants that will most likely see lots of cuts in production, I have ran ranger brand for years, whether it was triton , ranger, or stratos. But not anymore. Ordered a pheonix and if he buys them out I’ll just build my own boat out of plywood.

2. Member
    IMO you haven't got a clue

If Legends were a top seller..Johnny would be doubling production...its just business in a very tight, brand loyal market. Notice that all white river brands are top sellers. This isn't hard.

4. Member
    There’s about 8 or 9 brands out there that are not BPS brand boats . IF Lengend goes down BPS will only have 3 . This sport isn’t coming to an end it’s just cost more to compete . There will always be compition it’s human nature .

5. Member
    BassCat, Charger, Phoenix, Blazer, Skeeter, Falcon, Bullet, Allison, still quite a few choices, not counting the high end metal boats.

"Denial", it isn't just a river in Egypt. If your a legend owner and a realist, u might be happy he bought them instead of them going bankrupt in a year or 2 more.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Well I heard from a few Elite series pros last week that he bought out Mercury Marine as well.

Well I plan on spending plenty so I think he'll make it through this difficult time.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

The sky is falling. OMG !!!

10. Banned
    Does Johnny need another son? Can he adopt me.

11. Member
    Lol. A boat company going under ain’t gonna change a thing. Firstly a boat is just a movable platform to fish from and there are a ton of them on ththe market. Secondly Johnny own ranger and they still build legends one at a time

12. Member
    When Tacklewarehouse entered the scene I stopped shopping at Bass Pro unless it was an emergency. TW's prices are more competitive. I hope Johnny doesn't cheapen the Ranger brand as he did with other acquisitions. In my opinion Ranger boats have a special place in the history of competitive bass fishing.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    When Tacklewarehouse entered the scene I stopped shopping at Bass Pro unless it was an emergency. TW's prices are more competitive. I hope Johnny doesn't cheapen the Ranger brand as he did with other acquisitions. In my opinion Ranger boats have a special place in the history of competitive bass fishing.
    What other acquisitions did Johnny Morris cheapen?

14. Member
    Start with Nitro.

Amazed at how much hate Mr. Morris gets. He brought Ranger, Stratos, and Triton from a equity group, that didn't give a rats ass about fishing or boats. And somehow he is evil because he spent money on some iconic brands (Ranger and Triton) and keeps them making boats.

Legend on the other hand didn't have huge sales, and wasn't a very old company. If Legend had been profitable, probably wouldn't of been for sale to begin with for such a young company.

I'm no fan of bass pro or cabelas, but I bet 80-90% of people over 35 had help in keeping a passion for fishing from their catalogs. Guess success in the old US is frowned upon, shame how that is happened.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Yeah, and sales dived. Hes horrible. Just look what he has done. Why do people want to hate on successful people? I hope for your sake you dont become successful, cause people will hate on u.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

17. Member
    It’s just business. Personally I don’t know him. But looking at the big picture he is as good and smart at business as Sam Walton was.
    now I don’t like were walmart is now. Or there business practices. But It is still a very successfull business model. And at this point to big to fail. And I don’t hold Sam accountable. Mr Morris is grouping together a monster of a company. Personally I don’t understand why he buys failing businesses. But I’m sure it is to control what happens to those companies. Keeping others from buying into the business cheap.

Personaly i like bass pro. Have had many friends that work there. They liked it. I enjoy going. They can be pricey at times but I still like being able to go shop and see products on the rack. I know what I’m getting when I spend my $. That’s not always the case shopping the best price on the Internet.

Never have understood the hate. But the man never did anything to me.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

Rumor has it he's buying Yamaha , Honda and Suzuki also.
    Proud Army Dad

19. Member
    I don’t get all the hate on successful people either.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Amazed at how much hate Mr. Morris gets. He brought Ranger, Stratos, and Triton from a equity group, that didn't give a rats ass about fishing or boats. And somehow he is evil because he spent money on some iconic brands (Ranger and Triton) and keeps them making boats.

Legend on the other hand didn't have huge sales, and wasn't a very old company. If Legend had been profitable, probably wouldn't of been for sale to begin with for such a young company.

I'm no fan of bass pro or cabelas, but I bet 80-90% of people over 35 had help in keeping a passion for fishing from their catalogs. Guess success in the old US is frowned upon, shame how that is happened.
    +1. I think it's good that a guy that knows fishing and the outdoors owns these companies rather than some equity company that could care less what a boat even is. What's even more weird is even though legend may be done there is still a now hiring sign up at the plant. Seems ole JM has a plan and it might include the v20 just as a triton

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast