Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    Instead of complaining about the tariffs on imported steel and aluminum they need to make the Tracker ,"Americas best-selling aluminum fishing boats" from aluminum sourced in the USA!
    Because the idea is to have aluminum boats LESS expensive than fibreglass.

His business model of having cities pay him tens of millions of tourism fund dollars for him to build a BPS store is something I’m jealous I would of never thought of. That being said, I feel verified city/county residents who paid the taxes for that store to be built should receive some sort of discount individually rather than waiting for big city/county government to decide what to give the citizens with the additional retail sales tax revenues generated from the store. That’s more of a local government political issue than a Johnny Morris problem though. It’s no different than tax payers paying for sports stadiums these days I guess.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-triton View Post
    What other acquisitions did Johnny Morris cheapen?
    Mako. No even close to the old Mako's

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    I do think he has a significant stake in Mercury and has since Trackers went all Mercury in the 90's.
    And that's really no different than Yamaha's connections to Skeeter, G3 and Express.

5. Tico
    Quote Originally Posted by gbsmallie View Post
    I don't hate the guy personally but I will never buy from him....prices aren't competitive at all and I don't like how he knocks-off brands with his house brand crap. My next boat likely won't be one of his brands either. To each his own.

6. Banned
    Well I just bought another Strike King Sexy Spoon today at BPS for $7.99... I bought one at a small bait shop in Tennessee last weekend for $7.99... I'd say his prices are pretty competitive... TW is $7.79 for the same spoon. I walked out with the spoon in hand. No shipping charge, no wait... Thanks JM... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    And that's really no different than Yamaha's connections to Skeeter, G3 and Express.
    Yamaha owns those companies. Along with a prop company.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    competition breeds improvement and without none then there is none!!
    Compete long enough and a winner emerges. Johnny won the competition.

Johnny Morris started Bass Pro Shops with eight square feet of space in the back of his father's liquor store in Springfield, Missouri in 1972. He became one of the most visionary and influential retailers of all time. He lives the American Dream, and was a key figure in growing the sport of bass fishing. I remember anxiously checking my mailbox for the BPS catalog, and the excitement of selecting lures in it to fish with, and it was like Christmas when it came it the mail.
    Everyone is free to not shop at BPS, Cabelas, or buy one his boats. I rarely shop at BPS myself, and the Nashville store's sales tax rate of 9.25% deters me even more.

Who gives a shit!! Quit being divas and go fishing
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    His business model of having cities pay him tens of millions of tourism fund dollars for him to build a BPS store is something I’m jealous I would of never thought of.
    East Ridge doesn't have any tourist dollars to give away unless the three fireworks stores are collecting it. I know, lake winnie is chipping in also even though
    they're in GA.

Bill

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jag9624 View Post
    Who gives a shit!! Quit being divas and go fishing
    Looks like someone needs to go fishing this weekend... Dan

I can't believe there are any cities that would give $10 million to JM to build a BPS. That's entirely on the city officials, not on JM. If that's the case those city officials should face intense scrutiny that nothing unlawful took place, and they should be voted out of office, and imprisoned if they profited themselves at taxpayer's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    East Ridge doesn't have any tourist dollars to give away unless the three fireworks stores are collecting it. I know, lake winnie is chipping in also even though
    they're in GA.

Bill

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Johnny Morris and Ray Scott have done more for this sport than all the others combined. I,for the life of me, can’t understand the hate for the guy...
    He would be a good act for anyone's child to follow. When he was starting out he used to drive a trailer load of tackle to tournament sites and sell tackle that way. He has earned what he has by hard work.

If this article is accurate, it is mind boggling that over $2 billion of taxpayer money was given to Cabelas, and BPS.

https://www.citylab.com/solutions/20...-cabelas/2906/

16. Member
    Cables and Basspro aren’t the only ones that get tax revenues to have there stores built . That’s been going on before most of u have been born .

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    If this article is accurate, it is mind boggling that over $2 billion of taxpayer money was given to Cabelas, and BPS.

It is mind boggling, imagine how much tax incentives it takes to keep Ford and UPS in Louisville. The list goes on and on my BBC Brother. We each get one vote on politicians and all get to vote with our wallets as consumers. Obviously all the successful entities mentioned in this thread started somewhere and grew to what they are today. The question in how hard is it to repeat that process with the mountains of new regulations in place since JM pulled that trailer from tournament to tournament?

America is still a country where your ambition, luck, drive, pride, etc...determines where you land vs your family name.

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Anybody ever hear of Trump ?

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post

Look at the people that own GM vehicles. And you are worried about a few billion????

So your saying that if I'm building a boat that sells just as a figure 600 boats a mo. but have others that sell maybe at the most 20 Mo . I should keep building them to satisfy you or whoever owns that particular boat .That isn't the way businesses are run +why do you think these Companies sell out, If they were making a profit they would still be in Business. Before I started in Aero Space I built boats for a living and we splashed molds from and I can say that a lot of our boats back then looked like Sea Rays .just make a few design changes for which is still going on to this day IMHO.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast