Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    This tread made me smile. Hating someone for living the American dream, how ironic. If Johnny is so evil maybe you should give up bass fishing and take up knitting. I mean since his business has Bass in it, he must plan on ruining that as well.

Thanks for the laughs
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

2. Banned
    Johnny Morris and Ray Scott have done more for this sport than all the others combined. I,for the life of me, can’t understand the hate for the guy...

3. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Can any of the JM guys that love BPS please tell me why the prices are higher than anyone else. In some cases a lot higher. That's why I don't like the guy. With all his billions one would think he would take care of the people that got him those billions and cut us a little slack on the prices. The last few times I stopped by the local BPS (just for ha ha's) on my way to Academy, during the week, the place was virtually empty. Academy was busy. JM has to feel the loss of sales, may be that's the reason he's screwing us with the high prices.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Can any of the JM guys that love BPS please tell me why the prices are higher than anyone else. In some cases a lot higher. That's why I don't like the guy. With all his billions one would think he would take care of the people that got him those billions and cut us a little slack on the prices. The last few times I stopped by the local BPS (just for ha ha's) on my way to Academy, during the week, the place was virtually empty. Academy was busy. JM has to feel the loss of sales, may be that's the reason he's screwing us with the high prices.
    Vote with your $, your choice where you spend your money. Don’t run the guy down for being successful.

Maybe because he has a higher overhead than most stores and websites. maybe he just chooses to. Makes no difference. He owes you nothing. Shop there or don't but to hate on the guy just seems a bit ridiculous. He has given back and done more for fishing of all types than most anyone.

The fact he is buying up companies and opening new stores shows his business model is successful.

6. Member
    Bps will never get a dime from me. I like competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Maybe because he has a higher overhead than most stores and websites. maybe he just chooses to. Makes no difference. He owes you nothing. Shop there or don't but to hate on the guy just seems a bit ridiculous. He has given back and done more for fishing of all types than most anyone.

The fact he is buying up companies and opening new stores shows his business model is successful.

+1
    What about all the rewards nights ?
    I assume they do them everywhere ?
    What other businesses invites you for free food and raffles every other month or so ? I see all the price bitching all the time but none of them are opening shop.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

8. Member
    Glad to see that some out there see the point I was making, fact is bps is the highest priced place out of all of them. I don’t hate the guy at all, I don’t hate anyone because it’s a waste of time . What I am saying to the point is that his company is playing a big part in the direction everything is headed which is not the right way, I have been around the sport of tournament fishing a while now and I can see a lot of change and he is the center of all of it now. I’m sure he will buy Flw next then maybe some of you will realize that his company controls most of the $, say what you want I’m just stating what i see.

9. Member
    And it’s fun seeing people get all their panties in a bind defending these high priced companies,

10. Member
    I don't hate the guy personally but I will never buy from him....prices aren't competitive at all and I don't like how he knocks-off brands with his house brand crap. My next boat likely won't be one of his brands either. To each his own.
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

11. Member
    Prices are not the highest at BPS around here they are comparable to the local shops by 10 to .50 cents . In February when BPS has there real sales local shop can’t even come close . Go to a yard sales and buy every peace of shit reals for a few bucks and trade them in and get 30 to 50 $ off on a great real . I have saved hundreds of $ in February on there real return sale . I’ve never seen a local tackle shop ever do that every year . The lakes I like to fish all of the local lake shops are higher than basspro shop . They know if your down there and catching fish on a certain bait and you need more your going to buy it from them . You guys don’t even make sense . Apparently most of you are still fishing out of grand pa s old aluminum boat . Bitching about a few dollars on baits is retarded . Trucks are 30 to 60 k bass boats are 50 to 80 k and bitch about a few penny’s or dollars on bass baits . Take up Golf this sport is not for you .

Quote Originally Posted by skennedy View Post
    Prices are not the highest at BPS around here they are comparable to the local shops by 10 to .50 cents . In February when BPS has there real sales local shop can’t even come close . Go to a yard sales and buy every peace of shit reals for a few bucks and trade them in and get 30 to 50 $ off on a great real . I have saved hundreds of $ in February on there real return sale . I’ve never seen a local tackle shop ever do that every year . The lakes I like to fish all of the local lake shops are higher than basspro shop . They know if your down there and catching fish on a certain bait and you need more your going to buy it from them . You guys don’t even make sense . Apparently most of you are still fishing out of grand pa s old aluminum boat . Bitching about a few dollars on baits is retarded . Trucks are 30 to 60 k bass boats are 50 to 80 k and bitch about a few penny’s or dollars on bass baits . Take up Golf this sport is not for you .
    Golf is too expensive. Have you priced green fees lately?

13. Member
    I love capitalism...………………………………...I do not know JM nor do I care to know him. I hope he makes billions more.

I own a bulldozer contracting company who charges much higher prices than my competitors. Many people choose me , not because of my price, but for the experience of great customer service, professionalism, honesty, integrity, knowledge of my trade, pride in my work ect. There are those customers who all they care about is price, that's ok, I tell them to call someone with whom they are comfortable with the bid price or hourly rate cause Im not their guy.

***** I get the calls a year down the road, maybe two...……...can you fix my lake, it leaks ? Can you redo my road, its eroded ? Can you fix the drainage issue around my house pad because I have water coming into my garage when it rains hard ? I love those calls. Want to know why ? because when I arrive I ask who did your work ? They say ABC contractor, I tell them this is what they get for not calling a reputable contractor and only wanting cheap pricing. I get the opportunity to not only fix their fix their problem (because I fix it) but I get to charge double …………………...1. typically I have to move the dirt out of the way that the original dirt guy did to fix, then I have to move the dirt back into place...………………….we make money by the cubic yard. :)

This Dozer guy love cheap people...………..they make me money :)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I love capitalism...………………………………...I do not know JM nor do I care to know him. I hope he makes billions more.

I own a bulldozer contracting company who charges much higher prices than my competitors. Many people choose me , not because of my price, but for the experience of great customer service, professionalism, honesty, integrity, knowledge of my trade, pride in my work ect. There are those customers who all they care about is price, that's ok, I tell them to call someone with whom they are comfortable with the bid price or hourly rate cause Im not their guy.

***** I get the calls a year down the road, maybe two...……...can you fix my lake, it leaks ? Can you redo my road, its eroded ? Can you fix the drainage issue around my house pad because I have water coming into my garage when it rains hard ? I love those calls. Want to know why ? because when I arrive I ask who did your work ? They say ABC contractor, I tell them this is what they get for not calling a reputable contractor and only wanting cheap pricing. I get the opportunity to not only fix their fix their problem (because I fix it) but I get to charge double …………………...1. typically I have to move the dirt out of the way that the original dirt guy did to fix, then I have to move the dirt back into place...………………….we make money by the cubic yard. :)

This Dozer guy love cheap people...………..they make me money :)
    Lol, ya, all those cheap azzes shopping at Tackle Warehouse, towing Skeeters, Bullets and Phoenix lol
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

15. Banned
    Spend most my fishing money at BPS have no problem with JM wish him the best just like anyone else chasing the dream.

16. Member
    Everybody on here does not shop at bps.......

.....until the pro qualifier goes on sale.

Gotta pay for the 100+ employees @ each store, operation costs, & much more. I shop at Bass pro frequently and my family enjoys going there as well..

Keep in mind how many Americans he employs...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 206champion View Post
    I don’t get all the hate on successful people either.
    THIS^^^^ think it is called jealousy

im in the i wish JM would adopt me crowd
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

20. Member
    Everytime I need something asap, I can stop at BPS. All I do is have them price match TW. Sure it takes 5 minutes, but I get what I need on Friday before a Saturday trip.

My big complaint is terminal tackle. They don't stick many quality hook and jig head options.

For variety and new items it is online only.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast