Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I'm glad to hear that info. Although I live in MN so going to Texas for warranty repairs isn't exactly easy for me. I'd also be a little nervous having the guys at the nitro dealer close to me, tear my boat apart and try to repair it.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    TX Champ you are correct. When Randy sold the company he agreed to do all warranty work from before the buyout. All work needed after the sale can be taken to any wwmg dealer/service location to be repaired and the work will be covered by them. Everyone worried about parts availability in the future shouldn't be too concerned. Other than the omnibus control box and the keypads everything is outsourced by vendors and are readily available. Spoke with Pete last week and he said that the omnibus and pads will be in stock for several years due to the warranty obligations on them.
    That is good to hear. Finding a spare brain and keypad was on my to do list due to worries you wouldn't be able to find them anymore

3. Member
    IDCI07 I understand about the drive to the streetman TX shop for repairs. Randy Qualls has been very helpful with this tho. I live about 1hr 45mins southeast of Washington DC and he met me in Oxford AL to pick up my V20 to do repairs. Cut my round trip in half and saved my about 18 hours drive time. He has done this for others as well. While my V20 is there hes fixing other stuff that's not under warranty free of charge. He may not be the owner any longer but he still takes pride in our boats being the nicest looking on the water and will go above and beyond to keep them that way.

4. Member
    WACO spare replacement parts were a concern of mine also. After speaking to Kody and Pete I'm feeling a bit better about that now. Everything was outsourced minus the omnibus and pads which were made specially for our boats. Was told the omnibus is around $600 and the pads $125 each. I plan on ordering spares soon so I know I have them. Will also be ordering a set of spare Legend hull decals and a pair of the plastic V20 emblems. He already sent me a pair of the hull decals but with fishing cypress trees a lot in spring having another set wouldn't be a bad idea.

5. Member
    Hokiev20 I'm very glad to hear that! That just shows what kind of guy he is, It definitely eases my mind. It's good to know that's an option in the future if need be.

6. Member
    Curious about this issue. Seems like any structural problem they had in 2014/15 models causing the sag would have been corrected in later models and certainly by the time 2017's came out. I noticed that in the pics that the sag is not in the exact same spot but one is in front of the tie down strap holder and the other is more centered. Did these problems develop over time or were they obvious early on. If took time to develop what caused the warping? I thought there was no wood in the boats to rot/warp?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Curious about this issue. Seems like any structural problem they had in 2014/15 models causing the sag would have been corrected in later models and certainly by the time 2017's came out. I noticed that in the pics that the sag is not in the exact same spot but one is in front of the tie down strap holder and the other is more centered. Did these problems develop over time or were they obvious early on. If took time to develop what caused the warping? I thought there was no wood in the boats to rot/warp?
    it has just got worse as time goes on. I think he is calling this week to see what they will do about the repair.

It all depends on how much you fish, and where you stand on the deck while fishing. If you bought the boat, and hardly ever fished, it would take longer for the area to weaken. I fish every weekend, and my area started sagging pretty quick. I still have not fixed it, i need to..... just cant go without the boat that long. As I mentioned earlier, the fix only takes a couple of days..but I witnessed a V20 that sat for over a month waiting on Legend to send the carpet.
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

9. Member
    I got in my 2017 and walked around that area and did not feel much in the way of give. I pounded on the floor and it feels supported in the area. Wonder if they did a fix in 2017. At mu age I sit and fish about half the time unless the technique forces me to stand. Hope I can avoid this issue.

10. Banned
    Yes it was fixed on late model Legends

11. Member
    Well the boat that my buddy has is a 2017 so I don't think they fixed it.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery View Post
    Well the boat that my buddy has is a 2017 so I don't think they fixed it.
    Was the build date on the hull 2016?, they start building year models in July of the previous year.

13. Member
    My build date was in April-May of 2017.

14. Member
    What do you mean by late model Legends and how do you know this please.

15. Banned
    What do you mean by late model Legends and how do you know this please.
    By late model I mean the newest ones, this was a know issue on the early V-20, at some point the structural support was beefed during the build process, lots of stuff about it online, I'm guessing this is probably one of the reason the brand got into financial problems. I just don't know when the fix was put in, but if you had one built in 2017 or this year I think your probably safe. I would contact the factory in midway or the repair facility in texas for more info.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Was the build date on the hull 2016?, they start building year models in July of the previous year.
    ordered in Feb of 2017 and had to wait like 10 or 12 weeks to get it

17. Banned

18. Member
    (WOW) That is really disappointing. I would be almost in tears if that was my boat

19. Member
    I have a 2017 v20 and I just noticed today that the front deck on the left side is sagging as well. I'll give them a call Monday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12