BBC SPONSOR

Anyone have a caracal with Talons?

just curious on performance numbers with talons vs. the power poles. I sell talons and am very familiar with them. thanks for the info.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    Not sure of the caracal, but I'm a Talon guy as well. I only added 1 ten footer to my 2018 P2. I have not noticed and difference in hole shot or top end.
    Brad Krone

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I have no experience with the Talon. However, I do know that BCB recommends people stay away from them, as they are supposed to cause issues with hole shot due to their weight. I have read a couple of posts from guys who put dual Talons on their BassCats and have had hole shot issues. Personally I would rather have Talons as they offer them which reach more depth than the Power Poles. My 8' poles aren't really very useful to me as I seldom ever have the boat in water deep enough to use them.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Member
    I have 2 12' Talons on my Cougar. Great holeshot and top end with a 25 Fury 4 or a 26 Bravo 1 xs.
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

5. Bobby8
    I have 2 10 foot talons on my Caracal with a 225 Pro XS. Holes hot with the Talons is just a little bit slower. Probably lost a couple of MPH as well, although I am not a speed guy. I have a 25 Fury 4. Still, with the Talons, a Triton buddy told me the other day how quick he thought it got on plane compared to his Triton.

Try to get a hold of BR400. He had a Caracal with Talons then sold them. He ought to be able to give you a good comparison.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 07-17-2018 at 10:36 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks guys. I have a caracal ordered and I sell them so I am debating on one or two.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    They caused too much hole shot problems with two people, two livewells full, and at least one gas tank full.

I sold mine.

I loved what they did.....didn't like the hole shot or lack of. I tried several props with no help.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman25 View Post
    Thanks guys. I have a caracal ordered and I sell them so I am debating on one or two.
    My old Skeeter had 2-10ft Talons and my new P2 has one 10 footer. To be honest I'm ok 1 Talon. I do have to think about wind direction more having only 1 when I anchor, but it hasn't been an issue really.
    Brad Krone

Dont have a Basscat anymore but I do have a Ranger that i added two 10' Talons,, killed the hole shot but a CB Foil got it back ,, might be an option for you if you do get the talons
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 07-17-2018 at 04:24 PM.

11. Member
    Bill is spot on. BCB will not rig them at the factory for that reason.
    Basscat!

12. Bobby8
    I must have one heck of a 225 Pro XS because my Caracal with Talons still gets on plane faster than most guy’s boats in my club. I’m not a little guy, 6’2” 260 so I must be livin’ right. LOL

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby8 View Post
    I must have one heck of a 225 Pro XS because my Caracal with Talons still gets on plane faster than most guy’s boats in my club. I’m not a little guy, 6’2” 260 so I must be livin’ right. LOL
    what prop are you running?
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

14. Member
    I have an 06 Puma with a 275 Verado on the back. The Verado weighs about 130# more than a 225 Pro XS. I added 2 12 foot Talons. I had to change props and settled on a High 5 23 Pitch and added a CB foil. My hole shot is better than it ever has been before. That is with full tanks, live well and 2 big guys plus a ton of tackle.
    The Talons are a valuable tool, don't know how I ever fished without them.
    Just my experience
    John

We are seeing a trend with the Ultrex trollers of anglers only getting one pole anchor. They use them mostly for launching and bank use, and the spot lock negates the on water need.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    We are seeing a trend with the Ultrex trollers of anglers only getting one pole anchor. They use them mostly for launching and bank use, and the spot lock negates the on water need.
    Rick, thats kind of my thoughts. for launching etc.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor