Thread: Carpet Issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmks View Post
    I did that twice. Plus used a carpet shampoo machine. There is nothing that will help this carpet.
    I even used brake cleaner in a small spot. Wouldn't touch it. Anything that has been spilled on carpet WILL COME OUT with something.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    He did the saturate the gel coat with 303 and buff treatment two or three times and got the glass looking like glass again.
    Not to hijack this thread, but curious which "303" he used. I've seen wax, degreaser, detailer, cleaner, and protectant. Curious which product to use to get the left over contamination off after washing (without using a clay bar).

Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but curious which "303" he used. I've seen wax, degreaser, detailer, cleaner, and protectant. Curious which product to use to get the left over contamination off after washing (without using a clay bar).
    I'll try to answer your question as much as I understand it. The 303 technique I referred to used to be on their website (not sure if it's still there or not). He used the 303 Protectant and sprayed it on until the fiberglass was wet with it and instead of wiping it off with a dry towel per the instructions on the bottle, he buffed with a lambs wool buffer. I assume the buffer pad created enough heat to allow the 303 to penetrate the surface. That's about all I know about it other than he turned a neglected boat into something to be proud of.

As far as removing contamination after washing I don't know. If your'e referring to the white haze that 303 leaves behind if it's allowed to dry on the surface, the solution to that is always completely remove the applied 303 with a dry towel. If there is a haze, spray more 303 and dry with dry towel.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

It goes bad in less then a year?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    I have a 2016 z21, i keep it spotless and I am very disappointed with the way the carpet is wearing. Nothing pulling up but looks matted and discolored. I keep it outside but use a dowco cover always.

6. Member
    JimC that is exactly what has happened to mine.

I had the charcoal carpet on my 17 when I sold it after a 1 and a half it was in great condition. I do know of a 16 that was having a carpet issue.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12