FURY 4 VS BRAVO XS

How does a Fury 4 handle vs a Bravo xs? Like what prop lifts bow more, What prop lifts stern more, what prop same pitch turns more RPM's, what prop is best out of hole vs top end??

2. Member
    What boat and motor are you running? Generally the Fury 4 will be faster and pitch for pitch the Bravo will turn more rpm's. If going from a Fury to a Bravo go up 2" in pitch to keep the same rpm's. Bow rise and stern lift depend on which boat and motor you run.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    What boat and motor are you running? Generally the Fury 4 will be faster and pitch for pitch the Bravo will turn more rpm's. If going from a Fury to a Bravo go up 2" in pitch to keep the same rpm's. Bow rise and stern lift depend on which boat and motor you run.
    Running a Phoenix with a Honda 250. My bow lifts very easy, even loaded to the max. I need to turn a lot of rpm's because the Honda has a 2:1 ratio. I need to turn about 6200 rpm's.

I now run a worked Tempest it started out as a 24 it's now about a 25 with lot's of cup. It has a lot of mid range VERY snappy. The reason why I am think of a 4 blade is because I need a 24 or 25 to come out of the hole, but I need 26 for top end. When I put a 26 3 blade on I get the speed I want but with live wells full and a heavy load it gets on plane very slow.

My thinking is if I went to a 4 blade weather it be a Fury or Bravo I would get the hole shot I need and be able to run a 26 or 27 to get the speed I need.

I would go with a 25p fury 4. I tried a bravo xs on my boat and coming out of the whole and midrange and handling was incredible but I only got 67mph with my boat. My fury 4 jumps out of the whole pretty good but not as good as the bravo xs on my rig and my top speed with fury 4 and boat loaded is 72 and 74mph running light. I believe the fury4 on my rig beats the bravo in everyway except for holeshot but barley. Eveyboat is different though so the only way to tell is buy one or borrow one. You can pick up a fury4 from rothwell marine at a good price and if it don’t work it will sell on the props4sale page
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfarm View Post
    I would go with a 25p fury 4. I tried a bravo xs on my boat and coming out of the whole and midrange and handling was incredible but I only got 67mph with my boat. My fury 4 jumps out of the whole pretty good but not as good as the bravo xs on my rig and my top speed with fury 4 and boat loaded is 72 and 74mph running light. I believe the fury4 on my rig beats the bravo in everyway except for holeshot but barley. Eveyboat is different though so the only way to tell is buy one or borrow one. You can pick up a fury4 from rothwell marine at a good price and if it don’t work it will sell on the props4sale page
    Did you try running the Bravo higher than the Fury? From what I have been reading the Bravo needs to .25 to .75 inches higher according to Mercury.

6. Member
    Yep, Bravos run better and even holeshot better when run higher.

Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    Did you try running the Bravo higher than the Fury? From what I have been reading the Bravo needs to .25 to .75 inches higher according to Mercury.
    Ran the bravo at every possible hight and the fury 4 was just a better all around prop for my rig. Been hearing the same story from alot of Ranger 520’guys
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS

8. Member
    It does seem from all testing results that the Fury 4 is the prop for any Ranger bass boat instead of Bravo1XS. Seems like it was made using Ranger as test boats good as it works. I was told by a prop dealer that the new 1/2 pitch Bravo1XS models are not good on any boat and he advised to not buy them.

9. Member
    It does seem from all testing results that the Fury 4 is the prop for any Ranger bass boat instead of Bravo1XS. Seems like it was made using Ranger as test boats good as it works. I was told by a prop dealer that the new 1/2 pitch Bravo1XS models are not good on any boat and he advised to not buy them.
    It's the +1.5", not the =.5" that are bad. All bravos start out as even pitch props. So even +.5 or +1 is OK (24.5 or 25"). The +1.5" like a 25.5" has too much cupping and hurt top speed.

Yup. But as we all know every boat is different. Bravo got me up a little quicker and mid range same as my fury 4 but top end on fury. I’m a hard person to please. I want it all bottom end mid range and top end and the fury4 put me right in the middle of all that
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS