Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Go 200 engine, place an SI transducer on the dash, stay with the Helix 7, go DI on the bow and stay Helix 7 with GPS on the dash. These are better than LCR units we had years ago. Get the Grab post, go Ultrex 80 and get no power poles. That is unless you want one for beaching and shallow water. You also could get the single axle if you want, though that’s preference. From the outside you have everything any Eyra has and from the inside your in for less.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I would not be too sure on the above point. Mercury has never been one for allowing their motors to be flashed. Look at all the 3.0L ProXS and Optis. They all had different porting and many other differences that prevented changing the HP. The Japanese are more centered on manufacturing efficiencies using all the same blocks on their SHOs. Mercury’s history is just the opposite.
    The 175/200/225 v6&8s use a smaller 64mm throttle body and the 250/300 v8s use a larger 80mm, other than that it's the ecu tuning that controls the amount of fuel to be injected with the electronically controlled throttle blade to make XXX hp. Can anyone comment on the actual weight of Pro XS V8 with G2 TM as the A-boat guys are saying a 250R is actually 564lbs when hung on the scales...
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=925606

3. Member
    My 2014 Eyra has a 225hp ProXS and other than the sticker on the back........no one would know. I routinely pass other boats with a 250hp.

The way mine is setup I could probably get a few more mph out of it, but I like it the way I have it as the hole shot is great and I have zero torgue on the steering wheel. Alone I get 74mph, tournament load and two guys about 71-72 depending on the time of year and conditions.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    My 2014 Eyra has a 225hp ProXS and other than the sticker on the back........no one would know. I routinely pass other boats with a 250hp.

The way mine is setup I could probably get a few more mph out of it, but I like it the way I have it as the hole shot is great and I have zero torgue on the steering wheel. Alone I get 74mph, tournament load and two guys about 71-72 depending on the time of year and conditions.
    I think something like that would be just about rite for me. Been leaning that way but have to get rid of a p2 first. Ha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123