Bead for flipping that works with Tungsten

Anybody using a bead that tungsten weights don't chip? I have had the bead chip and cut the line when I set the hook.
    I was told to use the Eco Pro Tungsten beads but according to reviews they do the same thing. Any suggestions?

You want a bead to put in between the weight and hook (or swivel on a Carolina rig)? What's wrong with the craft store plastic faceted ones? Never once had an issue with those.

You could also try adding heat shrink inserts to your tungsten weights. Wesley Strader has an excellent video showing how to do it:

If you're looking for one brand of tungsten that's better than another, you're wasting your time. Tungsten has the second highest melting point of any element. It's second to carbon, which is what diamonds are made out of. So people and even companies aren't just melting it down and pouring it to where one does it better than another. All the tungsten fishing weights come from 1 of 2 factories in China. They use tungsten powder suspended in something like nickel so it can be worked with which is why you only get "97% pure" tungsten. Anyone who says they have something different is lying. Every different brand is just a slapping a brand name on the same thing, and maybe putting different paint on them. Different "polishing" techniques and all that is just marketing.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Best thing I have come up with is to use two weights, It makes a very distinct click.Sometimes I will turn the second one around for a different noise. The little brass tickers also work.
    All the plastic or glass I have used get fractured by a tungston weight.

The difference in brands of tungsten weight's is how the line hole is polished. Even the good ones will sometimes cut your line.. I test everyone before using them in a tournament.
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 07-16-2018 at 05:23 PM.

4. Member
    Flipping beads by Fitzgerald Rods is what you want. I have not broken a bead yet

In Florida the primary goal of a flipping bead between the sinker and hook is to help keep the bait straight with a snell knot. Clacking is secondary. The smaller bead displaces less area on the head of the worm and protects it from the constant pressure of a big weight over a larger area.
    Last edited by Whiteboat; 07-16-2018 at 08:34 PM.

5. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I bought some at one of the craft store not sure which one there are white and have not broken on yet , there are hard enough to make noise also not a soft plastic . I'll try to find out the brand think I still have the original package in the cellar....
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

6. Member
    Thanks for the help guys!

7. Banned
    Here is the Fitzgerald™ bead(s): https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Fitz...page-FFFB.html

You can also hit up the local Bead Shop. I use this one for Punching, but use a couple ceramic beads to mimic the 'clicking' that Crawfish make. You can get colored ones that work great for Carolina Rigs... The ceramic beads really pay off in dirty, stained water, but don't type anyone ssshhh

8. Member
    Thanks, Lew.