6" Bob's Hydraulic Jack Plate Stuck

Need some help please. My hydro jack plate got stuck in the highest position somehow and the switch at the console shorted out/corroded (must have got rained on when it was at the shop, normally the boat is in my garage). Until I get a new switch installed is there anyway to lower the jack plate so I can at least get on the lake? Motor is too high to run on pad as I will not be able to keep the engine cool enough.

Hope there is some help out there, thanks!
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

2. Member
    Recently had a similar misbehavior with mine. From a shade tree mechanic and presuming the solenoids, etc. are fine and it's just a switch issue, you could temporarily wire a generic replacement switch. If console switch "up" solenoid is functional, consider swapping wire with the "down" solenoid (on the solenoid) - just remember that you'll use the switch "up" to go "down". If the switch is completely dysfunctional, consider bypassing it behind the switch or consider a jumper wire at the "down" solenoid...

3. Member
    Got it lowered by hooking green (down) to positive terminal on battery and blue (up) to neg to temporarily lower it until I get new parts. I discovered the solenoid got 'fried'.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz