Rough Idle on 2014 ProXS

2B115186

I've been having some issues with rough starts and then it will die during the first two starts. It's almost like it's missing, but it's displaying similar symptoms to when I replaced my tracker valve under warranty when it had only 36 hours on it. It then runs fine but noticed it dragging a bit at full throttle. Currently has 190 hours on it. I know they have been having issues with the tracker valves so I'm thinking my replacement may have seen it's full life and it's on the verge of breaking down.

Does anybody know how easy it is to replace the tracker valves? I know it's under that plate on the port side fuel rail. I know I shouldn't just throw parts at it, but I'd like to inspect it for tears if this is something that's easy to do. Since it's not under warranty, I'd like to save some money. Don's going to tell me that I need it diagnosed
    , but if I can inspect this one part myself that would make me feel better if I can see any tears.

I'm seeing part # 804533 on European Marine. If I do need a tracker valve is this the only part that I need?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    (or maybe it's starboard, I'm just not at home to look at it. I know it's the one rail that has only one plate)

3. Member
    It’s starbord

4. Member
    So I was able to get it apart. Pretty simple. I didn't notice any apparent tears in the gasket. After reinstalling, it hesitated and stalled but then on the 2nd try it fired right up with no hesitation. I've read that their can be some residual fuel in the air that needs to go away. Started it up a third time with no hesitation. It seemed to run a lot smoother at idle as well. Any thoughts on this? Is it possible that it was "re-seated" when I took it off and put it back together? Can you see anything in the pictures that doesn't look good? I'll start it up again tomorrow on a "cold start" to see what happens... but please let me know if you have any thoughts, please.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Started it up today cold start and it fired right up without hesitation. Also seemed like a smoother idle. Can someone with some experience on thwith s please provide their input. Don? Anybody?

6. Member
    very possible had fuel in air side of system, trcker looks fine, monitor fuel psi when problem ocurrs high or low
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Thanks Joe. What's normal PSI that I should be looking for on my merc monitor at idle, and when running?

8. Member
    how did you get it to show FUEL psi
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

9. Member
    I just click through the screens until it shows fuel psi. I think it's on the screen that shows fuel consumption rate.

10. Member
    I don’t know this for sure but I think that ready by is a default figure and not an actual reading as there is no actual pressure gauge connected to the smartcraft. I think someone else was using that number and that is what someone responded. But I also maybe wrong.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

11. Member
    ^ You sure you're not thinking of fuel tank levels?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    ^ You sure you're not thinking of fuel tank levels?
    Maybe so, or maybe I am thinking of an EFI model hooked up to the smartcraft. Best to just ignore my response.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

13. Member
    I just click through the screens until it shows fuel psi. I think it's on the screen that shows fuel consumption rate.
    Smartcraft does not display Optimax fuel pressure. What you see is a default reading and it never changes. You can turn fuel pressure off if you want (I did).
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

14. Member
    ^^^^^ exctly no sensors on engine to send data to pcm

15. Member
    Ok getting sidetracked. If anyone can answer OP please let me know

16. Member
    Thanks Joe. What's normal PSI that I should be looking for on my merc monitor at idle, and when running?
    None.

Fuel and air pressure test requires a dual glycerin filled gauge set to test at same time. Per my service manual, your 175 ProXS air pressure should be 95 +/- 2psi and fuel pressure should be 109 +/- 2psi. Diagnostic procedures begin on pg 3b-41 of the service manual.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

17. Member
    OK got it. Back to question on my tracker valve, please.