Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    OMG FLOOZy flo . DUDE UR SCREWED …I had them yrs ago for about 30 days , then when m I found out they based in OHIO , I went with state farm , and been there since.. I despise OHIO , and there Gestapo State Patrol and Anti Trucking Agenda for many years..
    Well maybe Ohio despises you,,,,

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    You should have used Bob
    When I called Bob about insurance that's the company he quoted me with.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    When I called Bob about insurance that's the company he quoted me with.
    Same for me....however he was able to get more coverage for cheaper rate compared to the quote I got direct from them. When I got my current boat, he got me hooked up with Travelers.
    2012 Z521, Yamaha 250 SHO
    SOLD-1998 Ranger 519DVS, Mercury 225 EFI
    Semper Fi

4. Member
    First they said there was not supposed to be a Jack plate on my boat.

Then they said I had wooden transom.

Today they said this,

"My supervisor and the state manager have reviewed the claim and all are in agreement that taking the boat to Ranger is going to be the best option right now. Specifically due to how unusual the damage is, this may take a while but could possibly be a lifetime warranty issue with Ranger. We have seen Ranger replace boats due to unusual damages recently."

I can't find an emoji captures my true feelings right now!!!!

5. Moderator
    Tell them you are going to hire an attorney and that their attempts to not fulfill their insurance obligations are ridiculous and illegal. See what they say. You may actually need to hire an attorney, but sometimes just throwing it out there will result in a quick change of heart.

6. Member
    What exactly happened to your boat?

I’ve been following this one for a while and now that the company is saying it “may be an insurance warranty issue”, I am wondering what happened.

Not saying they are in the right but there are warranty issues and there are insurance issues. If every insurance company fixed every problem they get a claim for, they wouldn’t be in business.

I am in no way saying that I agree with how they seem to have treated you this far but am just wondering.

Sounds like you have transom failure of some sort judging by them saying your boat isn’t supposed to have a jack plate and asking you to determine there is no wood in the transom but that about all I can tell.

After typing this, it’s hilarious that they could tell you (wrongly either way) that your boat shouldn’t have a jackplate but can’t tell you the material that was used in the transom...

And if you do agree to send this to Ranger to check that it isn’t a warranty issue, are they paying for the fees to be incurred for transport if it isn’t a warranty issue? Seems to me they are using every trick in the book to not honour their agreement but without knowing wha happened, it’s hard to say one way or the other...

7. Member
    I asked my brother in law who is an adjuster a bout this. He said that if the adjuster chose not to believe you that he needs to do his own research on his own dime. Ranger states that all of their fiberglass boats have had fiberglass transomes for years. That would include yours. If he wants to take it apart to see you can insist they take it to a Ranger dealer and pay to have the motor removed and replaced by a professional.

8. Member
    I agree that since we dont know what the repair issue is, then taking the boat to Ranger or one of its reputable Ranger dealers to determine if it is a manufacturing defect seems like a reasonable request from the insurance company. If you were in an accident then that is a different issue and GIECO is being a real pain.

9. Member
    is the ranger hull warranty only good to the guy that first bought the boat ???

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    is the ranger hull warranty only good to the guy that first bought the boat ???
    Unless it’s changed, lifetime for original owner, ten years for second owner I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeeee View Post
    Hint, my boat insurance company has a funny black haired lady on there commercials and no lizard.
    And, therein lies the source of your problem. We had them for a short time and had one claim. I wouldn't wish that company on Hillary!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

12. Member
    Sorry, the lizard is GEICO. Ugly Flow and gaywad Jamie is Progressive.

13. Member
    I filed with the insurance commissioner 2 weeks ago. The totaled my boat yesterday and paid me today. That was a long strange trip full of stress!

14. Member
    Glad it all worked out for you in the end.

Insurance stress sucks every time.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12