Prop question for 193

I have a 193 with 200 optimax and a hydraulic jack plate . I am currently running a 25 tempest plus prop with only a single large pvs plug. I also have dual power poles. Currently the hole shot is good with either two people and empty live wells or one person and full live wells. But as soon as I have two people and full live wells the hole shot is horrible. I have played with all different settings on the jack plate to cure the issue and none worked. I have also tried a 25 trophy and the hole shot is worse with that. The question is should I just drop on degree of pitch on the prop and stick with a tempest plus or try something different.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP W/ 2022 Mercury 225 ProXS 4S

2. Member
    Have you tried running the plate up as high as it can go? I had a similar issue on an old motor and prop and had to raise the plate all of the way up. Holeshot was normal and then once planed, I would just lower back to where it needed to be for running. It's not a fix to the problem, but a temporary solution until you get a different prop (like I had to).

3. Member
    Yes that is what I do currently but I would really like to get the problem solved correctly

Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    Have you tried running the plate up as high as it can go? I had a similar issue on an old motor and prop and had to raise the plate all of the way up. Holeshot was normal and then once planed, I would just lower back to where it needed to be for running. It's not a fix to the problem, but a temporary solution until you get a different prop (like I had to).

4. Member
    Try a 23 or 24 tempest. Boat will run best with a 3 blade.

5. Member
    When going to a 4 blade from a 3 blade you need to drop down in pitch (24 trophy).

6. Pat Goff
    Load the boat down
    Start yanking PVS plugs until it blows out, replace the last one.
    There...holeshot fixed.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

7. Member
    That is where I am at now with the 25 tempest plus if I remove the last large PVS plug it will blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    Load the boat down
    Start yanking PVS plugs until it blows out, replace the last one.
    There...holeshot fixed.