Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    You self righteous a$$. What did I say that wasn't Fact? The fact that they fired a billionaire from a company that he owns 75% of the shares there of did very little to him other that piss him off. What it did do is cost a bunch of other people that aren't Billionaires or Millionaires or Thousandaires Money.

It will cost more for tuition and or taxes to pay for this additional mess the University of Louisville has the taxpayers in. That's fact. Taking the sign down and changing the name of the stadium puts the school and thereby the taxpayers in violation of the contract meaning they have to pay restitution to someone.

I have a friend who owns a Papa Johns franchise. He's got his retirement funds and child's college fund invested in it. While Papa John is walking away with near a billion dollars and a steady income from his stock and BTW: Still owning controlling interest in the company, my buddy is shaking in his boots for his investment.

How many people have retirement funds invested in stock in this company that can't afford to lose $10,000 just lost it because the stock tanks because of this storm?

The popular opinion is to Crucify Papa John upside down on the Gene Snyder Parkway. Problem is a guy who's 50 something years old with a billion dollars in his bank account can't really be injured too bad. It's the little people that get skinned on things like this. Some kid or kid's parents pay another $500 in tuition because of these decisions. They pay another $100 a month in rent for an apartment because property tax went up to fund the Chicken Center's shortfalls. Yet you say I am somehow insane, don't know what I'm talking about and my opinion doesn't matter.
    While Schnatter is no longer the CEO or chairman of Papa John's, he is still tied with the brand's image and is featured prominently on the company's pizza boxes. Schnatter, who owns a 24 percent stake in the company, also remains on the company's board.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/10/papa...pany-boar.html

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    While Schnatter is no longer the CEO or chairman of Papa John's, he is still tied with the brand's image and is featured prominently on the company's pizza boxes. Schnatter, who owns a 24 percent stake in the company, also remains on the company's board.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/10/papa...pany-boar.html
    His brand image, etc., is now being removed from advertising, pizza boxes, etc.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Yup... Will be interesting to see the advertising that comes out within the next few weeks / months .

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    Franchisees no doubt will get all kind of costs for the switchover my guess.

5. Member
    And for anyone following the extortion side of things.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business...tortion-scheme

6. Banned
    And for anyone following the extortion side of things.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business...tortion-scheme

I simply do not believe him at all that there was a $6million extortion attempt.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    I simply do not believe him at all that there was a $6million extortion attempt.
    Its a hard one to believe I agree. Its equally as hard for me to believe he just makes it up and goes public with it.

8. Member
    And just as much confusing to me is why would their own PR firm be the one to release this info? Unless of course the 6 million P.O. was turned down. I’m guessing they’ve been fired.

9. Banned
    Its a hard one to believe I agree. Its equally as hard for me to believe he just makes it up and goes public with it.
    He was feeling attacked because the firm called him personally out on his missteps in the NFL kneeling thing. That's why he claims he was “actually kind of provoked” into using the slur. Seems to me he didn't want this "training", he didn't think he needed it, for what he said about the NFL players, but someone else did. Then he went and tried to justify his actions then with a slur uttered by a now dead man 40 years ago. I believe that firm contracted for 6 million, Schnatter had them fired because he felt attacked by their training and they told him that if he breaches the contract then nothing was confidential so they would either get their money or burn him to the ground. That's IF anyone ever really mentioned $6 million, he could just be making that part up too.

10. Member
    It's a shame that it's come down to this. The guy is losing everything he worked his entire life for over a bunch of PC bull crap. He paid to advertise with the NFL and a bunch of idiots kneeling pissed off a bunch of people and they quit buying anything associated with the NFL, including his pizza. He has a right to say what his opinion is of that situation. This other deal sounds like he was set up. I think I will order a couple Papa John's pizzas for lunch.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    It's a shame that it's come down to this. The guy is losing everything he worked his entire life for over a bunch of PC bull crap. He paid to advertise with the NFL and a bunch of idiots kneeling pissed off a bunch of people and they quit buying anything associated with the NFL, including his pizza. He has a right to say what his opinion is of that situation. This other deal sounds like he was set up. I think I will order a couple Papa John's pizzas for lunch.
    So every company that advertised with the NFL has had their stock tank and their sales drop..???.....That is a hell of a long list...The sooner he admits his Pizza has gone downhill and sucks the sooner the Franchise owners may be able to recoup some losses..To me that shows the character of a man when you blame your failures squarely on outside influences..Especially a man with his resources to make adjustments..
    Here is the list of NFL sponsors for 2017
    https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...onsometer.aspxr
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 07-17-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Hes worth somewhere around 700 million to 1 billion dollars. He will be fine.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Hes worth somewhere around 700 million to 1 billion dollars. He will be fine.
    Hes not gonna be on the soup line that's for sure.

14. Banned
    The board didn't remove him to hurt him personally, they removed him because he is causing actual losses to the shareholders and franchisees. None of the other NFL sponsors ran their mouth about the NFL protests because they're led by people smart enough to understand that at best any statement you make of a political nature or issue will piss off around half of the population. Schnatter carelessly ran his yap about something unnecessary and then when he was being trained in how to avoid such fundamental mistakes he stuck the other foot in his mouth. He will be rich forever, but he has also given himself a legacy of being a dip shit.

15. Banned
    People generally aren’t as great as their praises, nor as bad as their curses. We are all flawed human beings. For some reason we have lately come to expect perfection.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    Col Sanders died in 1980. There were a lot of racial slurs used prior to that time that didn't get a white man in trouble. It was anachronistic and quite unnecessary, both of those make the use offensive. Had he quoted someone getting away with it contemporarily he might have a half an excuse, but....
    I'm not disagreeing it was stupid. But despite all the statues, flags, memorials, etc that are being brought down in an attempt to erase part of our nation's history, along with removing people from public office, blackballed from acting or performing, etc, Colonel Sanders remains the face of KFC. In that light, I'd say it's absolutely germane.

And again, the public relations firm was supposed to be training Schnatter on how to avoid a subsequent public relations disaster on race after he made his comments about kneeling during the anthem. Yep, he admits he said them. But, nope, not real sure I can get on board with a public relations firm that is supposed to be helping a client then turn around and burn them to the ground using information said during that training. I'm not real sure I'd want to be a client of that firm, for sure, because just like Chief Paduke said "People generally aren’t as great as their praises, nor as bad as their curses. We are all flawed human beings. For some reason we have lately come to expect perfection."
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    People generally aren’t as great as their praises, nor as bad as their curses. We are all flawed human beings. For some reason we have lately come to expect perfection.
    I would agree with this. Ive always said the truth usually lies in the middle.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    I'm not disagreeing it was stupid. But despite all the statues, flags, memorials, etc that are being brought down in an attempt to erase part of our nation's history, along with removing people from public office, blackballed from acting or performing, etc, Colonel Sanders remains the face of KFC. In that light, I'd say it's absolutely germane.

And again, the public relations firm was supposed to be training Schnatter on how to avoid a subsequent public relations disaster on race after he made his comments about kneeling during the anthem. Yep, he admits he said them. But, nope, not real sure I can get on board with a public relations firm that is supposed to be helping a client then turn around and burn them to the ground using information said during that training. I'm not real sure I'd want to be a client of that firm, for sure, because just like Chief Paduke said "People generally aren’t as great as their praises, nor as bad as their curses. We are all flawed human beings. For some reason we have lately come to expect perfection."
    If a client contracts me for anything and wants me to keep everything confidential they better hold up their end of the agreement as well, like paying me for what was agreed upon. He fired that firm and then didn't want to pay them what was agreed to. Breach of contract by Schnatter equals scorched earth by the guy holding the invoice. I suspect that's the real truth here, but time will tell.

19. Member

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    You self righteous a$$. What did I say that wasn't Fact? The fact that they fired a billionaire from a company that he owns 75% of the shares there of did very little to him other that piss him off. What it did do is cost a bunch of other people that aren't Billionaires or Millionaires or Thousandaires Money.

I have a friend who owns a Papa Johns franchise. He's got his retirement funds and child's college fund invested in it. While Papa John is walking away with near a billion dollars and a steady income from his stock and BTW: Still owning controlling interest in the company, my buddy is shaking in his boots for his investment.

and that is why it's an investment....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast