Question Anyone Remove a Talon on a boat that has poor hole shot & notice a marked improvement

I'm wondering if removing a first gen Talon on my bass boat will help with better hole shot - anyone do this and see a quicker hole shot? I rarely use my Talon and my boat has poor hole shot. What is the weight of a first gen talon 8 foot? - just looking for some feedback from guys who may have done this ?

2. Member
    If its mounted low it will drag on hole shot. I have 2 of the 15s and had them off my last trip out and the holeshot was way quicker.

3. Member
    It depends on the boat. On my old boat 1 talon did not effect my hole shot. When I added the 2nd it slowed it down especially in the hot summer months. A hydraulic jackplate helped. On my new boat I only went with 1-10ft talon. It has not effected and my hole shot at all.
    Brad Krone

4. Banned
    It will certainly help some. Look at the drag they create. It worth it to me though. How much it will change is hard to say, but it will get better.

As previously mentioned make sure they are mounted as high on the bracket as you can go. Add a foil and your hole shot will be normal or possibly better than normal. The foil in the link I am about to provide is not your typical ugly whale tail hydrofoil. The design is slightly different and its made of a material that has 'bling". Scroll through the link for multiple pictures... http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....316&highlight=

I have twin 8ft Talons that are the old tall style. A foil got my holeshot back to normal.

6. Member
    I have a gen 1 8 foot Talon on my P2. Same holeshot, with, or without it.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S