Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

The Horse Power Poll

See the Revised one - delete this one please.
    Last edited by Huckleberry; 07-16-2018 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Screwed up the poll

2. Member
    Where?

3. Banned
    sclark deleted it

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    sclark deleted it
    Sclark deleted it ?? Imagine that ..

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

Go figure tired of those of us wanting more HP on the boats saying in multiple posts.

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

6. Comanche warrior MassBass320v's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    Sclark deleted it ?? Imagine that ..
    Imagine that... the forum admin deleting yet another thread probably bashing the brand in its own forum. Imagine that...

IMO Steve has been very lenient so far in letting go on what he has
    __________________________________________________ __
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MassBass320v View Post
    Imagine that... the forum admin deleting yet another thread probably bashing the brand in its own forum. Imagine that...

IMO Steve has been very lenient so far in letting go on what he has
    What I meant by saying Imagine that was it should have been deleted . I totally agree with you .

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

Maybe if he would actually address the question instead of ignoring it it would help! Not responding doesn't help, I don't care if you say y'all just like the number 150. Just address it.

9. Member
    At this point there’ is no point in addressing it because those wanting answers will still be unsatisfied. Not everyone can be pleased and trying to will only frustrates them. If you don’t like the boats they offer, then go somewhere else. Why stay on this brand forum if your so unhappy with their product offerings?

10. Member
    Well said Desertdog, cant please everyone. People are always going to find a gripe or an issue. What I dont understand, is that if your unhappy with the rating, why not just move on already. It's like beating a dead horse at this point, those that come into this forum to read about reviews or updates I am sure are getting tired of the HP talk in every thread. I am sure they have valid reasons or price points in mind for the ratings. Personally could care less. BIgger HP rating means more money, you want a go fast boat I am sure there are some Xpress options, or glass boats that you could look at. More to a boat than how fast it goes.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Well said Desertdog, cant please everyone. People are always going to find a gripe or an issue. What I dont understand, is that if your unhappy with the rating, why not just move on already. It's like beating a dead horse at this point, those that come into this forum to read about reviews or updates I am sure are getting tired of the HP talk in every thread. I am sure they have valid reasons or price points in mind for the ratings. Personally could care less. BIgger HP rating means more money, you want a go fast boat I am sure there are some Xpress options, or glass boats that you could look at. More to a boat than how fast it goes.
    My thoughts exactly!
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

Maybe because if they are thinking of increasing it in the future, some (like me) would consider buying used until then. But if I buy new I will be out of the market for several years. Like I've said before it is an awesome boat, I would love to have one, but just can't get past the low hp. If it's a price point thing or any other business decision I completely understand and would be happy to move on. I just really like what they've done with the rest of the boat and would like to have one with more hp.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteBite6855 View Post
    Maybe because if they are thinking of increasing it in the future, some (like me) would consider buying used until then. But if I buy new I will be out of the market for several years. Like I've said before it is an awesome boat, I would love to have one, but just can't get past the low hp. If it's a price point thing or any other business decision I completely understand and would be happy to move on. I just really like what they've done with the rest of the boat and would like to have one with more hp.
    Then you will just have to be patient. Waiting for what we want is painful for everyone. me included. But 1 thing is for sure and that is trying to force them to give answers is futile. We are the only ones that get frustrated because we are not getting what we want, when we want it. Patience is a hard and most times painful thing to acquire as we grow up. Trusting is also hard but we must understand these people are the very same people that built Ranger into what it is today. So however painful it may be for some of you, give them a chance to get their product on the market before trashing them. It’s unrealistic and unfair to expect a new boat company to open its doors for business AND also have every model ready to go!!! It doesn’t work that way.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteBite6855 View Post
    I own a 2015 Triton 18XS with a 150 HP rating, the following year they released an 18TRX (SAME HULL) just upped the max HP to 200. You get what you get, companies release things all the time and make improvements from year to year.They may look at this rig and increase the HP, or say hey we are selling them why change it.They could also be looking to add another tin to the equation with a higher rating.This company is in its infancy, haven’t even released all their lineup yet.I know how it goes, I would loved the higher HP on my boat, but I spend 98% of the time in my boat at around 1-2 mph behind the trolling motor.The added few MPH’s with the extra HP to “me” just wasn’t a deal breaker.But we all want different things in our boats.Maybe you need to wait it out, new company, sure they will adjust things if needed down the road.

I understand patience just fine. I'm just giving them a chance before I move on

Btw we are the ones shelling out the tens of thousands here so I think a few questions are fine. It's their job to convince me to buy not the other way around. Basically I'm down to Xpress or going back with fiberglass.

16. Member
    Well I am pretty sure the HP ratings wont be changing anytime soon, so why bother. I think you know what is currently offered by Vexus today, them providing the answer to why wont change what you want or need. I agree though that we are the consumers and answers are nice to have, but them answering your question as to why wont change the HP rating. An I don't know any company that is going to tell you what they plan for next year when they just released this years model. Triton sure did not let me know personally that they would bump the HP by 50 in just a few months. If you value the interior and layout of the Vexus, and the speed of an Xpress then I would just stick with the glass options. Just my opinion.

You guys got to get over this HP thing. Call, write, text your input as to what you would like and leave it at that. It's like a little kid that keeps whining hoping they get their way. It's getting old
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    This company has only been around what 8 months? The boats have only been released for what 4 months? Give them a break folks! Their factory isn't completely finished I don't believe, and they have yet to release a glass boat. Just relax and be patient. This is a new company and any smart new company will listen to their potential customers.

19. Banned
    Locking a thread is one thing... Deleting a thread is totally different... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    This company has only been around what 8 months? The boats have only been released for what 4 months? Give them a break folks! Their factory isn't completely finished I don't believe, and they have yet to release a glass boat. Just relax and be patient. This is a new company and any smart new company will listen to their potential customers.
    But I thought the greatest people in the bass boat business are behind it? So shouldnt everything be industry leading and “revolutionary” then? Idk thats just me. They are sharp looking boats but at the moment its just another offering of tins 18-19’ with a 115 and a 150 on it. Thats not a “total performance machine” IMO. Like it or not its my opinion and several share the same.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast