Power Pole question

Where are you mounting the pump motor and reservoir? In my 2000 model there doesn't seem like too many options due to the fuel tank in the back except the transom or one of the transom support coming straight in towards the tank. I don't like the idea of drilling into either of them but have no idea where to put the pump....

2. Member
    I have a 1998 186DC and mounted my pump in the drivers side rodbox on the back wall. That is where I also have my Structure Scan box mounted. Power pole is great about sending extra long hose just call and tell them your issue.

I mounted mine on the back wall between the batteries and the pumps.

4. Member
    Pat I have the same boat and sacrificed the storage box behind the drivers seat. Caution!!! There are a few wires running down that wall so be care full cutting into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Pat I have the same boat and sacrificed the storage box behind the drivers seat. Caution!!! There are a few wires running down that wall so be care full cutting into it.
    Starting Battery is on the drivers side but would be tough to route the lines without them probably fraying on the edge of the box?

Why can't you make a mount that attaches to the bolts coming thru the transom? Not sure how big the pumps are, but then you wouldn't have to drill any new holes.

Not sure how easy it would be to access the pump if I put it on the motor bolts. Any other suggestions?

You could install everything to the mount outside the boat then attach to the bolts. if you needed to do maintenance you would just need to unbolt and pull it out. other than that you would need to drill some holes. How big is the pump and everything else that needs to get mounted?

So I made a Cardboard template of what I would need to mount the pump...

Seemed ok so I made another prototype out of some tin..

I think it will work ok so now I will get a piece of stainless for the final build and see how it goes. Should even have enough room for two pumps if I change to a pair of new poles...