Thread: 77 black max

77 black max

I just picked up a boat with a 1977 mercury 175 black max... it hasn't run in a few years and needs a little work.

Im having a hard time finding the correct parts without spending a long time searching.... would anyone know of an online parts manual I can use? I have seen some for sale on ebay but they're a little pricey.

I have found the free service manual and downloaded it... just can't find the parts manual.

Thanks for the help!

Serial number 4733331
    Last edited by Jcmartin217; 07-15-2018 at 08:58 PM.

2. Member
    what does it need ? You will find a very attractive Used Market for Parts :)

3. Member
    lots parts still avail from merc
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Mercury does not provide "free" service manuals for download. They are bootlegged copies of copyrighted originals.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Ok Phil... i don't know how that adds to my search for a parts manual.... but what do you call it if the manual was not copyrighted? Have you ever looked at a 1977 mercury service manual and seen a copyright?

There are plenty of service manuals prior to 1990 that never had a copyright at the time of publication or within 5 years of the publication. That's why you see them for sale digitally or printed hardcopy on ebay with no of the money going to the manufacturer who wrote the manual... it's part of the public domain... so you can find a free copy or pay for one some guy is reproducing.... but it's not illegal.