Thread: Sinko Stick

Sinko Stick

So I'm thinking about ordering this year's GLX 853 for throwing sinkos. What do you guys think I fish alot of grass and cover here on the potomac. I'm open to other suggestions if someone has one. I'm gonna pair it up with my 7.9:1 MGX . Thanks!

2. Member
    I have been using a Kistler Senko Magnum Special KSMS7 for many years now, actually have 2 of them. Would be an excellent choice for what you are wanting to use it for.

That GLX 853c is a fine senko rod indeed. I like the added length of the 893c, and IF you can go for it, get the NRX. The Tackle Trap always has great Loomis deals for BBC members!

4. Member
    NRX 893 is what I use. I'm sure the 853 would be very nice but I prefer the extra length
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

5. Member
    Thanks for the suggestions I'll see if I can find a used nrx for around the glx price. As for the length why do you all prefer the extra 4 inches?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherboy61 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions I'll see if I can find a used nrx for around the glx price. As for the length why do you all prefer the extra 4 inches?
    I have the GLX 893, and I'm actually looking for a shorter stick for Senkos. When fishing up around banks, bushes, overhanging trees, etc... I think a shorter rod would be a little more useful for me.

I'm torn between the GLX 853 or Megabass Destroyer Daemos.

7. Member
    Thanks TNREB that's my thinking I fish alot of grass beds but also spent quite a bit of time pitching cover.

Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I have the GLX 893, and I'm actually looking for a shorter stick for Senkos. When fishing up around banks, bushes, overhanging trees, etc... I think a shorter rod would be a little more useful for me.

I'm torn between the GLX 853 or Megabass Destroyer Daemos.

We designed the ALX Rods ZOLO Mitch for exactly that purpose. It was designed on Santee Cooper for hauling monsters from underneath cypress trees. Precise casts are super important as you have to hit the tree, under the branches, and let the senko drop down the side of the tree to get bit.

http://alxrods.com/product/mitch/

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fisherboy61 View Post
    I don't bank beat a great deal and when I do I use a pitching motion. Pitching my accuracy from 6'3 to 7'5 not much difference. Typically a senko for me is used on a grass flat with openings. The leverage of the 893 helps me with landing fish hooked a long way from the boat. The 893 also makes a great shaky head rod and small jig. I find this helps drag the heads off of rocks that would snag me with my 6'8 rods
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

10. Member
    I use a 853 GLX for Senkos. It is great rod for fishing them.

11. Member
    Heck, I have been using a 7' MH BPS Carbonlite on the Potomac beds now for 8 years throwing Senkos, first on a Curado 100B and now on a Curado K on their new Carbonlite 2.0. Love the new handles. Grabbed the 2.0 on sale for $99. I am up to eight Carbonlites and never a problem with any of them. combination of 6'6" and 7' MH and medium.