Sabre Livewell issues

I have a 2009 Sabre that I rarely use the live well. Was on vacation in Canada last week, deep hooked a 'toothy", so was going to take it to eat. Live well would not work, (and probably last year up there was the last time I used it). In the bilge I switched the leads with bildge pump, to make sure the pump was not dead, and it, (bilge), still worked. Narrowed it down to the live well control panel under the throttle controls by driver seat. The ACC little red reset button was not in the pop " in & out", click mode, but was for lack of better word "limp", just sitting there no pressure at all behind it...I removed the plastic threaded ring around the button, but that was no help because you can't pull the threaded part holding the red button, through the hole, and I can't pull the red button out of it either. I called the BCB factory and talked to parts, who said that I would need to get behind the panel to access it. And of course it is riveted on with four rivets. He said I could drill them out, and so on. My thought is, this is like giving someone a lobotomy to cure a headache! Is there a way to fix this fifty cent 8 amp fuse problem without this surgery ?
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    I would have guessed it was the pump or somthing in the impeller of the pump. But you checked it. So carry on.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

It takes more description and it’s highly likely that the technician trained for service was out when you called. There are multiple pump combinations and is this a Sabre or Sabre FTD? There are no fuses in a Bass Cat and the panel won’t reveal more than the connections for checking. This all depends on the model, dash style and which pump is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    It takes more description and it’s highly likely that the technician trained for service was out when you called. There are multiple pump combinations and is this a Sabre or Sabre FTD? There are no fuses in a Bass Cat and the panel won’t reveal more than the connections for checking. This all depends on the model, dash style and which pump is not working.
    it is a 2009 Sabre Vison...I called a long time BCB dealer yesterday and he said drilling out the panel is not what I want to be doing, he gave me a couple of things to check out this weekend when I get a chance; cartridge, grounds etc
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

They will grant customer service on the Vision dash assemblies if that is the issue.

BCB