Anybody fish Harris Chain 7-12 thru 7-15?

We fished the Harris Chain this weekend and struggled. Just wondering if anybody else had fished it during this time and how they did? Most of the time we do pretty good there but what had worked in the past just wasn't working this weekend.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsdale816 View Post
    We fished the Harris Chain this weekend and struggled. Just wondering if anybody else had fished it during this time and how they did? Most of the time we do pretty good there but what had worked in the past just wasn't working this weekend.
    Fishing was tough all over, its that time of year.

3. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Is the water up on the chain?

Mick
    The water was high there last week when I was there, the water was moving pretty good through the Dora canal,found plenty of grass as well
    Spanky

5. Member
    Plenty of water. Still hydrilla to be found but I won't say where. Don't want Lake County or the FWC to spray it.
    Brad Krone

6. Member
    It has been hard out there lately. I fish it 3-4 times a month and lately the bite drops off at 9-10. Just gets so hot. Have caught some decent 3-5lb fish though.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

7. Banned
    Anyone fish these? http://www.flbasstournaments.com/Har...ournament.html

Considering the above tournaments, Wondering on participation numbers.

8. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    I figured the bite would slow down by 9-10.. Just how it is this time of year. Glad it's not at flood level like the river and Monroe currently are.. No relief in sight. I was gonna head over to the Chain this week but my fishin partner gave up on me.. Gonna have to get ol' LilRed off the bench!!

9. Member
    I fished on Sunday only had around 9 pounds
    only 6 boats
    i think the Saturday has more entries normally might fish it as well

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I was on the Harris Chain the weekend of July 1st. It was HOT and the normal stuff just didn’t work. I caught 1 nice one flipping the grass like everyone else but for me, and I know this is odd, I caught 90% of my fish in the canals. The topwater bite was killer in the am. Buzzbait and topwater, spinnerbaits in the canals after that. The pm topwater bite was on too.

People nere were nice nice enough to give me tips before I went and I accidentally hit the canal pattern throwing from the bank when it was too close to dark to go out. By then I only had one morning to go so I was stuck finding a pattern the day before I left. The water was up,and colder than normal. Did catch a few nice ones though. This was July 1-3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Nice! Love seein the white buzzbait in action!! Funny how many forget some of the old favorites for newer/softer stuff..

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    It’s funny you say that because my buzzbait supply was looking weak! One of the Strike King tv shows/commercials was this bait, I think the buzzbait is called the swinging sugar shad or something. The skirt/hook is hinged from the blade and it worked really well. I caught both of those fish on that buzzbait, one night and 20 yards apart. The third was flipping a creature bait, like I said no pattern. Topwater, spinnerbaits and blue flake zoom worms also caught fish.

Just before dark was when the ones were prowling. It was ridiculous hot
    and rained a lot!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    LoL. My buzzbait rack is a little thin as well.. All the rain has drowned out any biting fish around me. I really should be using this time to build some new spinnerbaits and re-skirt some of my other blade baits.

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    So it’s not just me? I can’t find any pattern with all this rain! The water temp is lower than it usually is, I thought it would energize their lethargic butts but it’s not.

15. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Yea, I've not been trying that hard, as the river is literally just under flood stage.. I was out one morning last week and didn't get the 1st bite.

16. Member
    I got a buzzbait I wanna throw...lol

17. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBODOM View Post
    I got a buzzbait I wanna throw...lol
    If I was you, I'd ride over to those docks at Gilbert Park and fire that grass burner, in the evenings!

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Evening does seem to be the better time of day for me right now. Heck, during the morning I have no clue where the fish are!

19. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Sounds about right.. Little lake near here had been producing pretty good for evening tx's., then I think all the rain caught up with it as well.. I was out at 1st light and saw some activity in the pads, but they must of been zoned in on live bait.. Buzzbaits, poppers, horney toads, worms, lizards, cranks on the edge, spinnerbait, you name it, they ignored it..

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    That is exactly how my mornings are going. My brother, who isn’t into the whole weather/conditions thing, says we should go like I used to take him saltwater fishing....I tried to explain those times were based on tides but he said....we ain’t catching s**t your way!

I couldn’t argue with him! Gotta get rid of this SSW wind everyday!