Thread: Pylon

Pylon

Stupid question but what am I missing here? I purchased a used boat and previous owner just threw a bunch of things with the purchase. I’m hoping to use this pylon but what am I missing to be able to slide it in my v175 combo slot? https://greatlakesskipper.com/tracke...ilver-aluminum

I’m assuming I need another piece to attach it to my pylon mount but what is the mission piece?

2. Member
    If your boat is set up for it you shouldn’t need anything but pylon. It should slide through and connect to bracket.

3. Member
    I apologize in advance for my stupidity but I’ve attached a photo for your reference.

Top left is where the pylon should be, the other hole is obviously for my pedestal but if you look at the bottom of the pylon I referenced in the link on my first post the pylon should be twisted into a hole which I don’t have on the boat or am I missing something here, am I suppose to twist the circle base off?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Procharged392 View Post
    I apologize in advance for my stupidity but I’ve attached a photo for your reference.

Top left is where the pylon should be, the other hole is obviously for my pedestal but if you look at the bottom of the pylon I referenced in the link on my first post the pylon should be twisted into a hole which I don’t have on the boat or am I missing something here, am I suppose to twist the circle base off?
    Yep, you are supposed to remove the circle center piece and the pylon should screw right in.

5. Member
    Did it work? We have kind of the same issue. Wanted to go to repair it, but maybe will find some tips here.

6. Member
    I will report back! Finally took the boat out this past weekend and I was so distracted playing with all the gadgets on there I totally forgot about it.

7. Member
    Unscrew the round "plug" and remove it, drop the pylon in and thread it, that's it.
    You may want to try to unscrew the plug at home, where you probably have a few more tools available. Sometimes it takes a bit to get it started.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

8. Member
    Being a first time boat owner/user this board has helped tremendously. Yep, it was very simple... I just used a pair of pliers because that’s the first thing I saw. One nose in one notch, the other nose in the other notch and twisted the plier and it loosened it right up. Thanks everyone!