98 Johnson Venom 200 No fuel to #6

I am still working with this issue on my 200 Venom (J200STLECE)
    I have rebuilt the carb for #6, it looked very clean inside. Made sure all ports were clear. Float is level per manual recommendations.
    I have compression of 95lbs to 6 and the same for all other cylinders.
    I am getting fuel into the bowl (loosened the high speed orifice bolt and squeezed primer bulb. Fuel came out)
    I even swapped the #5 carb with #6 because I started wondering if the carb is just bad.
    I did not swap the throttle body which has the calibration pocket on the side.
    I do have spark to #6. I have brand new recommended plugs and #6 does not get wet with fuel.
    When it is running, I have done the dollar bill test that Championman recommended to see if the reeds were good.

I have stumbled across something else while searching and since it is the lowest carb, could it be the lower crankshaft seal is bad?
    The only other thing that I have not checked is the recirc line. Maybe someone could answer exactly what the recirc lines are for.
    Also, what is involved with the lower crankshaft seal?
    Some sites I hear it is pretty simple but I am not thinking so on my engine. Maybe on a small engine.
    When I push in the key, it will stall the engine after 5 to 10 secs.

Any more recommendations would be helpful.
    Thanks BBC
    98 Triton TR21, 200 Johnson Venom
    2011 RAM 1500 Loramie Longhorn

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Have you checked the reeds on #6 by putting a piece of paper over the carb throat and seeing if it gets sucked to the carb?

3. Member
    Yes Champ, I have done that.
    I also tried spraying a little 50:1 mix into the carb as it is running but I didnt notice a difference like it was firing.
    How does the recirc system work on that engine?
    Could the line be clogged?
    What kind of problem would that cause?
    98 Triton TR21, 200 Johnson Venom
    2011 RAM 1500 Loramie Longhorn

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Most times with a bad recirc you'll have a bad idle. The recirc valve is a one way check valve, the unburned fuel from the intake gets scavenged and sent to the cylinder to be burned. They can be removed and cleaned and tested to verify performance.