Thread: Live well ????

Live well ????

Hi all, I have a new to me 2013 ZX190, was on the potomac river today in a tournament. Made a long run back to weigh in around 30min and saw that the starboard side was full of water but the port side lost around 2/3 of the water, i checked to make sure that they were both closed on the turn switches and they were. Has anyone had this problem and could tell me a good place to start looking for a fix?

They all usually will lose a little on a long run as some of it will splash out of the overfill tube unless they are plugged. However if your losing a bunch you might start with checking the flowrite valve which sounds like it may not be closing all the way.

3. Derek McCullough
    You could also have something stuck in the valve keeping it from shutting all the way or the cable is kinked and not closing all the way.

4. Member
    Check the drain valve to see if it’s got sediment in it. The Potomac is known for muddy water getting into flow-rite valves. I clean mine out with a hose once a month. Also check the cable that controls the valve position. Might be kinked
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.