36volt Motorguide has a mind of its own...

Purchased a 36v motorguide tour from a guy in my club to replace my tired 24volt motorguide tour. Seems to have more power but when on high speed it is really hard to control... I'm constantly moving the pedal to hold a straight line. Is this normal? Or a problem with the unit or user? Appreciate your help.

2. Member
    You may try to tighten the steer cables. They may have a little to much slack in them, Turn the nuts at the front base of the foot pedal. righty tighty. what about the Prop. 2 blade or three blade? 2 blade will cause this to happen. Got to hit the Gym more too and do a lot of leg squats. Build strong muscle. LOL

3. Member
    Haha... I definitely need to hit the gym... in the mean time I'll check the the cables for slack and Yes... it's a two blade prop... I'll put on my three blade and see if it helps. Thanks for your help...

4. Member
    Check the slack and install a Troll Perfect, great little accessory for the motor.

5. Member
    You could also check both shafts to see if they are bent any,doesn’t take much to affect the steering.

6. Member
    a bent shaft will cause excessive torque
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Troll Perfect... never saw that before... that looks interesting... going to pick one up... thx.