Chickamauga advice

Hey guys I'm looking for some advice on chickamauga. I'm starting to plan a 3-4 day trip there next year.
    Any advice , on best time to go ( thinking March or April)?
    Not wanting anyone's spots but I am
    Looking for help on where to begin my search for one of the lakes giants.
    Advice on where to launch, stay or any other info I can pry from you guys would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for any help,or advice I can get

2. Member
    By no means an expert, but I can try and get you started.....

March would be the month I would choose. You will need to be careful as the lake will be at winter pool causing shallow spots just off the channel.

Tennessee (Alabama) rig, jerkbaits, rattle traps, and jigs would be my lures of choice. Channel swings, bluffs, points and shallow coves would be areas I would consider......you might consider a guide to get you started in the right direction.

No clue on where to stay as I just drive down from Knoxville. Dayton offers several spots and I know one is on the water half way out of the Dayton creek. You can probably find it on Google Maps or someone will be along here shortly to provide details.

Hope you enjoy your trip and some East Tennessee hospitality!!

3. Member
    As a starting point, bigger fish will be caught earlier in the year (February, March), April and May will be more numbers, but still can catch bigger ones. As far as where to stay, down the lake would be my choice, try Island Cove Marina in Harrison (Chattanooga), TN and the surrounding area. If you can't find anything to your liking there, move up river to Dayton. Lots of places to stay there. Dayton boat ramp is operated by Michael Neal (FLW pro). It is the launch site of most of the larger higher end tournaments. You have plenty of time to plan, so do your homework. Hope this helps.

4. Member
    Ate traps good for me In march went out of cheaster frost park watch for the slippery dock ask me how I know lol

5. Member
    Thanks for the help guys.

6. Member
    Island cove is great and the price includes a covered slip whole time you are there

google some search for Nickajack Dam, and lake, also Hales Bar, and the Old Haunted Dam/power house, spooky area lolo. Marion county RV park, its a short distance west on I-24 from Chattanooga tn. hwy 53 west in Chattanooga tn River is marinas, Motels and Lake parts of TN River system, and march is usually windy and rainy at times. April rainy.. ya know the March wind in like a lion and April showers bring may flowers ol saying's lolo.. There is Motels just off I-24 in the hales bar lake area. besides the floating cabins at marina. never stayed in any as live 50 miles from there lolo. but lot of bass boat tourneys camp and start from that Marion county RV park, every year

8. Member
    Shoot me a PM RH1 and I’ll help you out

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX20Harris View Post
    Shoot me a PM RH1 and I’ll help you out
    Thank you,
    PM sent