2017 Ranger Z520 with 250 SHO Setup Question

Does anyone have a similar setup as mine? My hole shot isn’t the best since I installed two Talons and 8” Bobs Action Jack JP. If so, what hole is your engine mounted to jack plate and what prop are you running? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

250 SHO (Mounted to JP 3rd hole from top)
    Yamaha T-2 25P Prop
    (2) 12ft Blue Tooth Talons
    Bobs 8” Action Jack Series Jack Plate
    Thanks,

Stan Stone
    Lexington, NC (High Rock Lake)

https://youtube.com/c/StanStoneFishing

2. Member
    I have the same boat and motor but I have 2 10 ft blades instead of Talons. I have noticed this motor loves to be ran really high. Probably 2 inches higher than the a ProXS. Im at work now and cant really get you the motor settings but I run mine abt 13 or 14 on the jackplate trim indicator which is abt 4 on the manual reading off the plate. I am pleased with my boat performance.

3. Member
    I have the same boat as you, had the same problem. Watched this video, tried it out today. Made all the difference in the world! I previously added a Chris Bailey foil to mine. Runs like a scaled dog out of the hole! I suggest giving the suggestions in this video a shot before changing anything. Might not need to.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tlsmith22 View Post
    I have the same boat and motor but I have 2 10 ft blades instead of Talons. I have noticed this motor loves to be ran really high. Probably 2 inches higher than the a ProXS. Im at work now and cant really get you the motor settings but I run mine abt 13 or 14 on the jackplate trim indicator which is abt 4 on the manual reading off the plate. I am pleased with my boat performance.
    That would be great if you could let me know what hole they used on your Bobs. I only tried going up a couple red lights on the bobs gauge, didn’t try going up that high.
    Thanks,

Stan Stone

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    I have the same boat as you, had the same problem. Watched this video, tried it out today. Made all the difference in the world! I previously added a Chris Bailey foil to mine. Runs like a scaled dog out of the hole! I suggest giving the suggestions in this video a shot before changing anything. Might not need to.
    Thanks for the video, I never tried raising the plate that high to see if it improved my hole shot.
    Thanks,

Stan Stone

6. Member
    Bobs Machine said to use the third hole on a SHO for the Action Jack, that’s what I did. I noticed the G2 were mounted using the second hole on an Atlas at a local Ranger dealership, didn’t see any Bobs.
    Thanks,

Stan Stone

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StanS View Post
    Thanks for the video, I never tried raising the plate that high to see if it improved my hole shot.
    Me neither, but it definitely works!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

8. Member
    Mine has an atlas jackplate, not Bobs