Can you repair sunglasses with epoxy

I broke my Maui Jim sunglasses at the bridge over the nose. It's plastic of some kind. Has anybody made a repair to this spot with epoxy. I have Gorilla epoxy. According to the hype it should work. Glasses are beyond warranty.

2. Member
    I would think it would work. I use 5-minute epoxy for many things and it holds up better than I think it would. No reason not to try it.
    Praying for a Cure

3. Banned
    Lifetime warranty...if it’s ur fault they will give u a new pair for a 100

I think I'd contact the company before I tried anything (unless you ran them over or something).

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

5. Member
    I've heard lifetime warranty but warranty that came with these was two year only.

As kid I broke the he'll out of glasses, we tried everything under the sun. Drilling hole and using nails as pins with epoxy.
    Pretty much, nothing really worked.

I'd just send them to Maui Jim and pay to get them fixed...and I'm poor. How miserable would it be to be out fishing and have the repair fail...you could lose both halves, or maybe worse, lose only one half. I'd be really miserable without sunglasses during a day on the water.

Ranting incoherently

No. The power of the glue/epoxy will make you go cross-eyed.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCapes View Post
    No. The power of the glue/epoxy will make you go cross-eyed.
    See "The Jerk" with Steve Martin. He's right, and this movie proved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy11 View Post
    I've heard lifetime warranty but warranty that came with these was two year only.
    Correct, 2 year warranty... however, if you contact the customer service department and inquire about the repair, most likely there will only be a small charge for shipping to get the frame fixed. The company does everything they can to make sure their customers are happy and will go above and beyond to make sure that happens if at all possible. Give it a try, ya never know.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    I'd just send them to Maui Jim and pay to get them fixed...and I'm poor. How miserable would it be to be out fishing and have the repair fail...you could lose both halves, or maybe worse, lose only one half. I'd be really miserable without sunglasses during a day on the water.
    They are going to put a new bridge on for forty dollars. My wife called them this morning. She said they were very helpful. Going in priority mail today.

I've tried every adhesive under the sun as well, with no long-term success either.

A co-worker tried one of those UV cure plastic repair kits on her prescription glasses - until she could get a new pair made. Like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Bondic-Anythi.../dp/B00QU5M4MG

It was a solid repair and is still intact. Problem was, the UV light wouldn't shut off, so her's ended up being a one-time use kit. lol