Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Interesting. How much idle time does the engine see? Also if he is just driving around town, he is not ever fully completing a regen.

It sounds like the truck is stuck in regen.

My 18 will go 620 miles on a 36 gallon tank with mixed driving.
    Mine is almost identical on mileage as yours.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    I don't get it...

These are big powerful trucks meant to tow not be super fuel efficient, who gives a #*!@# about gas mileage?!?!? If you're worried about fuel economy get a Toyota Prius.....!!!
    yes and thank you

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Choothim View Post
    I get mid 20"s on my 6.6 dramax.
    That's as good as the Ram ecodiesel. Who knew a 2500 Chevy could out do the the ecodiesel. They should be selling the crap out of those things.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Interesting. How much idle time does the engine see? Also if he is just driving around town, he is not ever fully completing a regen.

It sounds like the truck is stuck in regen.

My 18 will go 620 miles on a 36 gallon tank with mixed driving.
    Yeah around town hes running parts with it.

the real test would be to see what's he's getting on the highway. he might want to check into a tuner.

1985 silverado 6.2 Diesel , Bought new then, traded it in 2001, 25 MPG city or a 2500 mile vacation trip.. actual and not avg MPG. day in and out. dual 20 gal tanks. gas dodge had since 2001 14 mpg hwy and 8 when pull camper lolo, its a MAGNUM not a HEMI lolo..

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Yeah around town hes running parts with it.
    It needs to be ran hard periodically to fully complete a regen. If I just drive around town from the house to the shop with limited short trips on the interstate (13 miles one way) mine will constantly regen and it gets mid 13's. Mine has 11,000 miles.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    Unless you re-geared, your new taller tires are changing your gear ratio. You should get a little better MPG at higher speeds as you'll be running lower RPMs. Trade-off is decreased power.
    This is a misnomer that gets tossed around a lot. The fact is rolling resistance, larger mass and weight reduce mileage. Not to mention the effect of driving down the road lifted increases air resistance. Without recalibration of the computer the on board computer will show much better fuel economy.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Member
    I can get about 17 mpg on the interstate in my 2012 duramax at about 85 mph. Around town is 13 to 14 and pulling on the highway or city seems to both be around 13 or 14. To those saying they get mid 20s out of these newer trucks are full of it. I can make my avg read what ever I want to on the dash. It's all about hand calculation to be true. Also my truck is deleted and tuned. Honestly I didn't see much mpg gains from deleting

2014 Chevy 2500 4x4 Gas. 11-13 mpg. Interstate 13-14.5

Quote Originally Posted by jt c View Post
    I can get about 17 mpg on the interstate in my 2012 duramax at about 85 mph. Around town is 13 to 14 and pulling on the highway or city seems to both be around 13 or 14. To those saying they get mid 20s out of these newer trucks are full of it. I can make my avg read what ever I want to on the dash. It's all about hand calculation to be true. Also my truck is deleted and tuned. Honestly I didn't see much mpg gains from deleting
    I was thinking this. Our old deleted Cummins could squeeze out 18 highway but never over 20 like people claim. That was stock size tires too

I average about 13-14 with my 16 LML. Cruising on the highway @ 70-71 I can get around 20

13. Member
    2018 duramax 4x4 double cab longbed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    I don't get it...

These are big powerful trucks meant to tow not be super fuel efficient, who gives a #*!@# about gas mileage?!?!? If you're worried about fuel economy get a Toyota Prius.....!!!
    Exactly!! Threads like this make zero sense. It would be like a prius owner complaining they can't tow their Ranger 520c more than 13 mph down the highway.

15. Member
    There is so much difference between drivers and a little bit on trucks that mileage is not a deal breaker for me on a truck. If I drive like a little old lady then I get 20 with my trucks and that rarely happens! A buddie brags about his mileage all the time, I cant stand to go that slow! The worst truck I had was a GM 6.0l. 13 on the highway and 3 plowing [not a misprint] The best was a GM 5.7l 18-19 on the e-way and 8 plowing. If I drive slow enough the diesel does better than all of em but what fun is that! cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Exactly!! Threads like this make zero sense. It would be like a prius owner complaining they can't tow their Ranger 520c more than 13 mph down the highway.
    Lol he doesnt even own a boat. I asked the question because he took me to lunch and saw the read out on the cluster. I asked him about it and he said it drinks fuel. So I thought I'd ask and see what others were getting.

17. Member
    Consumer report showing MPG for 4 heavy duty trucks.

https://www.consumerreports.org/pick...-fuel-economy/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12