Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    OK, I have got a Offset smoker--A competition Grill on a tandem axle trailer---An electric smoker and a pellet grill. I was in Sam's the other day and bought one of their kettle grills for $99.00, I went by Lowes and got a Weber replacement grate with the 2 lift hinges and decided I would just go back to basics. So far after Pork Tenderloins-Beef burnt ends-Split chicken breast--Smoked Turkey Breast-and several other smoked and grilled meats for just my wife and myself--I have come to a conclusion....Hell, I am a good simple cook. I can do anything on the Kettle than I can in all of the thousands of dollars I have spent on all of the other grills only difference--I just cannot do the volume..

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANDPAOF7 View Post
    OK, I have got a Offset smoker--A competition Grill on a tandem axle trailer---An electric smoker and a pellet grill. I was in Sam's the other day and bought one of their kettle grills for $99.00, I went by Lowes and got a Weber replacement grate with the 2 lift hinges and decided I would just go back to basics. So far after Pork Tenderloins-Beef burnt ends-Split chicken breast--Smoked Turkey Breast-and several other smoked and grilled meats for just my wife and myself--I have come to a conclusion....Hell, I am a good simple cook. I can do anything on the Kettle than I can in all of the thousands of dollars I have spent on all of the other grills only difference--I just cannot do the volume..
    Yeah but you cant hardly beat the ease of an electric smoker and a remote temp probe. Set that sucker up and go inside to drink beer and watch sports.

26 inch Weber with these options

You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    26 inch Weber with these options

Just ordered the Slow n Sear for my 26, I'll see how it works and determine if I should get him one (I know it will). He thinks his Char-Broil is fine but last time I was there I thought it was about to fall apart so the plan is 26" kettle and probably the Slow n Sear. He's obviously not in a hurry to replace his but after using it I thought damn you need something better although that wore out Char-broil can turn out some good food but he deserves better.

You'll love it

You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    You'll love it

Did a rack of ribs on the new SnS this weekend, turned out just as good as my WSM's. I couldn't believe the cooking surface that was remaining would've easily fit two more racks. For some reason I pictured the SnS being half the size of the grill but its roughly 1/4-1/3. Cant wait to try a brisket, I was limited on size with my 18 WSM but I should be able to put whatever size brisket on the 26 with the SnS. I need to get the Maverick XR-50. I'll still show my 18 WSm some love and the 14 WSM will be a dedicated pork but or chuck roast smoker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12