Alarm module with LED mounted below ECU

I have a 97 Merc 200 EFI that has had the Oil injection , knock sensor , and idle advance module removed .
    The alarm module has a tan wire from the water separator filter and a light blue wire that was triggered from one of the removed module. I would like to restore the alarm for high engine temperature and was wondering if anyone knows what the electrical value needs to be input on the blue wire to restore this hi temp alarm? A voltage or resistance value?

2. Member
    After further investigation looks like I asked a dumb question . What I was trying to rundown was the engine over temp alarm coming from the starboard side head . Looks like a bi-metallic switch with a tan/blue wire coming out of it and ultimately runs to a buzzer in the shift / throttle controls . At what temperature does this switch close it's contact?

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Forum Announcements, and provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

The Temperature Switch used on your engine was designed to trigger at 192-194 degrees F.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor