Thread: Gloves

Gloves

I have recently started running when I play golf again. Probably every other round or when the course isn't crowded. I run 18 and carry my bag. One of the issues when the weather is warm is the extreme sweat I get on my hands. I normally don't wear a glove. I stopped a few years ago. It is getting to the point where I have to carry two towels just to keep my hands and grips dry. I tried a glove again yesterday but seems like my hand moves around inside the glove.

Are there any gloves out there made for extremely sweaty hands?

What about carrying a rosin bag instead?
    I know they make small ones for bowling so you don't have to carry the baseball one around.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

3. Member
    During these hot sticky days I wear a sweat band around my left wrist. I change the sweat band and glove every 6 holes.

4. Member
    You could try the rain gloves. They work better wet. The only time my glove is on is when I'm hitting. I try to take it off as much as possible.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

Spray your hands real good with some right guard and rub it in good, I sweat big time and this really helps, golf shops sale an antiperspirant but it’s expensive so I just buy scent free right guard.
    GO DAWGS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bkeenom View Post
    I have recently started running when I play golf again. Probably every other round or when the course isn't crowded. I run 18 and carry my bag.
    Someone would have to follow close behind in the golf cart with my beer cooler.......and my golf bag.

7. Member
    It is best to go ahead and spend $18 to $20 on a good all leather glove. I do not wear the glove unless I am hitting a ball, I take it off to putt and chip.

8. Member
    What grips do you have on your clubs and when were they last changed? I used to have big issues with sweaty hands and then I started changing my grips every year- that made a HUGE difference. I use a standard Golf Pride - not the “wrap” kind that look glossy - just a matte black grip.

They help me....