triton

FX20 slip number

I have a 2016 FX20 that I'm running a 26 pitch FXP prop (250 sho)....I am working on getting a prop to pad number but
    I can't get my straight edge on the pad the trailer blocks me out just right now but my question is....my
    rpms with the FXP 26 pitch is 6000....based on the rpms what would my slip be and about what MPH ????
    I'm not thrilled about the hole shot, other guys running this prop get out much better than I am...Jack plate is at
    7 dots which is what skeeter wants as a starting point but I need to make some adjustments...thanks for any info....

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

2. Member
    A 26 FXP on that bout @6K should be around 77mph. Unfortunately a FXP has only really proven very effective on a ZX20 and TXPs/FXPs are known for poor hole shot. Preferred prop for your rig is a 25 or 26 pitch VMAX SHO prop. A 27 pitch VMAX SHO would be a tad too much, and a 26 FXP turns roughly the same RPMs as a 27p VMAX SHO prop. When you try and factor slip with that 26 FXP count it as a 27 pitch prop or a really efficient 26 pitch.

3. triton
    Thanks Randy....I have two Merc props a Tempest 26 and a Trophy (25) which I want to try , I found a way to level
    the trailer so I can get some numbers where I am at right now, I just need the hub kits for the Tempest and Trophy....I
    was content with the FXP last year but this hole shot thing is a real pain in the ass....

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR