Question Problem with Quickdraw

I messed up when first starting to play with Quickdraw. This i what I sent to Garmin for help on a solution.

When I first tried using quickdraw my lake was 10 feet below full pond and I adjusted the offset for that. Then weeks later when the lake was a normal pool I forgot to change it back and now all of the contours on my recording are off by ten foot. Is there a way to correct that on the quickdraw community? I don't believe that I have uploaded that data since it is wrong and don't want other people using bad data. I have tried to re-record most of the area and upload but that did not help. Then tried to delete the data on the web site and re-upload with not better results. This is what they sent back in reply:

You can format the card and then download your previously uploaded data. Youcan then go back and continue mapping out the other area with the correctoffsets.

This does not make sense to me. First I have a 93sv chirp and the 2018 map does not fit on the internal memory of the unit. So I think that I will loose all data if I format my card? This is because all of my data is not on internal memory. My navigation map/Fishing map does not work if the card is not installed in the MFD. Anybody have any help on this? I hope so, I would hate to loose all of this data, and would also like to upload it to the community so other people could use it. I believe that if some of us start sharing our maps then it would encourage others to do the same.

Thanks
    Shelfish

2. Member
    Do NOT format your map card - EVER!

You can go into the card manually and delete the quickdraw data. On your card you will have a folder named Garmin. Under it will be a folder named Quickdraw. The contents of that Quickdraw folder can be deleted and then download your previously uploaded data and then continue mapping.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    LWINCHESTER2,

When you say download your previously uploaded data, do you mean to download from the 93sv MFD? And, if so download what? The entire map or just part? I do not see a quickdraw folder or option to just download that?

4. Member
    If you put the card in your PC and use a file manager to look at the folders, you should see the Quickdraw folder and under it quite a few files. If I understood what you said, these are the Quickdraw files that are screwed up. And you have NOT uploaded them to Garmin Connect. Be careful. This is how and when accidents happen. Make sure that you are only deleting files in the Quickdraw folder.

You have uploaded Quickdraw files to Garmin Connect. I understood that you were happy with the ones you uploaded. So these are the ones to download.

Here is a video on uploading and downloading with Garmin Connect.

My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Thanks LWINCHESTER2, I hope you had a good day fishing last Sunday. I did not catch a thing. Have not ben able to find the crappie since te water temp has gone above 87 degrees. Good fishing and I will try this again.