Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Everstart Maxx 29dc

I’m looking to prepare myself with a new pair of batteries. My new to me boat has been in storage for 2 weeks uncharged and I’m afraid they might be dead. I did a search and the threads that I’ve read, members recommended the everstart which won’t break the bank but has a good review. Anyone switched over to this battery recently? I’ve search on Walmart and they’re out of stock. I’ll be using the boat between 4-8hrs a weekend with a little bit of fishing and tubing. Boat is stored in a unit with no outlet to charged the batteries which I’m sure is key so any second or third options would be great!

2. Member
    2 weeks uncharged should not bother good batteries. If they were stored at a low state of charge, it could be bad for them, but not fatal. I use the biggest Neverstsarts I could buy from Walmart, about two years, they have done well, and I never had to add water. These are my trolling batteries.

How big, how many and what do you use yours for? Do you have an on board charger for every one?

3. Member
    Check out interstate 29dc's as well. I just got one and was only 120 bucks or so. I've got two other interstates for the trolling motor and another cranking battery. Both about 3 years of age and no issues. I just go the 29dc's just for my electronics in the boat.

4. Member
    Those Everstarts are very good batteries especially for the money,I’ve been using them for TM batteries for many years with only one early failure. Whatever battery you go with,you’re gonna have to figure out the charging problem. None will last long if not charged after each use. Maybe you could charge them at home after using and then store the boat? You could buy a small generator to charge at the storage place but you’d need to stay there with it,maybe not a good option. If the storage place has screw in type light bulbs you can get an adapter to use in the bulb socket that will let you plug an extension cord in.

5. Member
    The boat just went in for general maintenance. I checked earlier and saw only 1 battery under the bow, I could’ve sworn tracker boats came with two. No onboard chargers, this is all new to me and I’m hoping I can learn/add a few things so I don’t get left stranded on the lake. I live in an apt so no way I can take my boat there, I’m looking at some type of portable charger then doing a search on how to add additional batteries.

6. Member
    I purchased three 29dc Everstart Maxx at the beginning of the year but have noticed my local store only has 1 if any in stock when i visit my store. This make me wonder what i am going to do if i do have a warranty issue. Just a thought for you to consider.

7. Member
    Exactly what I was thinking as far as when I was decided the intimidator battery. I’d like a battery I can purchase locally, just in case of any issue I can pick up another immediately.

8. Member
    Had a pair of the Everstart 29 DC on my boat before I upgraded to a 36v. Ran them for 4 years, still hold a full charge.

9. Member
    I can’t find any locally, where’s everyone getting theirs from?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Procharged392 View Post
    The boat just went in for general maintenance. I checked earlier and saw only 1 battery under the bow, I could’ve sworn tracker boats came with two. No onboard chargers, this is all new to me and I’m hoping I can learn/add a few things so I don’t get left stranded on the lake. I live in an apt so no way I can take my boat there, I’m looking at some type of portable charger then doing a search on how to add additional batteries.

Since you are apparently a newby to boat ownership you will have to ask the people that serviced it many questions. If you have an electric trolling motor you should certainly have two batteries or more.
    You'll need to know what size and how many there are, if they are flooded lead acid or AGM, you'll need to know if you have a charger and you'll need to know if all the batteries have their own charging circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Procharged392 View Post
    I can’t find any locally, where’s everyone getting theirs from?
    Same way here. And the internet shows they are out of stock. Anyone know what may be going on?

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have 2 of these batteries in my boat and they work well. I installed a Noco Genius 2 and they both charged to 14.45 then turned green. This is the first onboard charger I’ve had and I’m impressed w these batteries since the stickers say they’re from 3/15! They’re running strong.

I keep reading that Sams has a 31 size Duracell that’s a great deal for it being a repackaged more $$ battery.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

13. Member
    I have read people cannot find Walmart marine batteries. Maybe discontinued???

14. Member
    Since the 29DC are not available would the 24DC work, Is this just s smaller version? This would probably work better since I can probably fit two small batteries for my trolling motor

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Since you are apparently a newby to boat ownership you will have to ask the people that serviced it many questions. If you have an electric trolling motor you should certainly have two batteries or more.
    You'll need to know what size and how many there are, if they are flooded lead acid or AGM, you'll need to know if you have a charger and you'll need to know if all the batteries have their own charging circuit.
    I’ll definitely ask about that. I’m a total novice at this but learning a lot from this forum.

15. Member
    It always says out of stock on the website. I thought the same thing but when I went into the store they had all sorts of them..Great batteries.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jfed72 View Post
    It always says out of stock on the website. I thought the same thing but when I went into the store they had all sorts of them..Great batteries.
    I'll second that comment!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfed72 View Post
    Always buy the ones with the freshest manufacturing date stickers.

great battery all I have used for years.

19. Member
    Just bought two 29dc batteries. Had four more on the shelf.

Same here, just bought two of the 29's 2 weeks ago. You have to pay attention to the racks, here the trolling/marine batteries are all on the bottom row and they don't always slide to the front. When I bought mine, the rack looked empty, but there were three more underneath that simply hadn't slid forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast