Running Against Current

My boat runs strong, always has with excellent holeshot, and getting up on plane with ease ........ had an issue today:
    Two guys in boat: close to 500lbs (I only chipped in 205!)
    Livewells not running.... but half full
    23 gals of fuel
    Full load of tackle

Had about a 20 mph wind / water was rough ..... maybe 18" rollers and strong current/tide
    I was running into and against these elements ...... and could not get up on plane.

Should I be disappointed ?

(found smoother water and headed with the wind/current ...... and she popped right up, I turned around and took off)
    http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92936&dateline=150203  9213
    2013 Ranger Z519 / 225 Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    Yeah, something doesn't sound right there. You certainly had a lot of weight onboard and maybe if he moved a bit forward it would help...but I've run the Niagara River lots of times with two guys and a full load without issue. Sure, you lose about 10mph top end but getting out of the hole isn't an issue. I don't know how much current you're talking about but the Niagara is STRONG.

3. Banned
    I run a different prop when I know my partner is a 300+. I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

4. Member
    In the hot weather /water 2 strokes really suffer on the bottom end. Mine was a dog out of the hole this weekend, but it was close to 100 down here, and the water temp was 88 on the surface. You're probably just fine.
    Bryan O' Z521-250ProXS V8
    Total Recreation Products Inc.
    Commercial Park and Playground Equipment
    totalrecreation.net