USA Gloomis JWR versus SJR ?

What makes a rod a SJR or a JWR? Different fishing style, technique, rod manufacturing process ?

2. Banned
    It’s the action spin jig rods are between mod fast and fast jwr are typically extra fast

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxlue View Post
    It’s the action spin jig rods are between mod fast and fast jwr are typically extra fast
    So,what techniques would best be suited for either one? SJR or JWR?

Quote Originally Posted by pa17522 View Post
    So,what techniques would best be suited for either one? SJR or JWR?
    The SJR models are generally more versatile and lend themselves well to treble hook moving baits, but still handle single hook applications nicely. Again, generally, the extra fast action of the JWR rods are designed specifically for "Jig and Worm" fishing, hence the "JWR" nomenclature.

A good comparison would be something like the Conquest 842s SJR vs the NRX 852s JWR. Both are outstanding rods and can cover a wide range of overlapping presentations. The NRX in my hands isn't as good with treble hook moving baits - jerk baits, smaller cranks, top waters, etc. The Conquest slower action works fine for me with single hook baits like lighter jigs, texas rigs, etc. but that extra fast action on the NRX is really nice for those baits. Really, it comes down to personal preferences. Some guys like the extra fast for treble moving baits, others don't. The SJR models are designed to be more versatile than the JWR models. I hope this helps!

5. Member
    Thank you Bronzefly & Maxxlue. Good info. Thanks for sharing.